Graphryder production environment

soon there will be a need to install in a publicly available space the Graphryder application that is being updated, to do so we’ll need a space where to host it.

The application has very basic requirements, as it is a “static” website (html+css+js), with no server components.

It’d be best if the space could be in its own virtual server, a third or fourth level domain would work :), possibly protected with SSL by default.

While not required, to setup a proper workflow for deployment I’d need to be able to use git and have python on the server. I could do with less, but with I usually setup these using ansible whose basic requirement is to have python on the server (but without requiring any other package installed)

ping @matthias or @daniel

@luca_mearelli I have set up the webspace for you as requested :slight_smile: It’s not on its own virtual server though, but a separate webspace on our one-and-only server (with proper permission separation):

• domain: graphryder.edgeryders.eu
  • SSH login: ssh edgeryders_graphryder_luca@server.edgeryders.eu
  • SSL: enabled (LetsEncrypt, with automatic forwarding HTTP → HTTPS)
  • Python: available (Python 2.7)

To get SSH access, please send me your pubkey to matthias@edgeryders.eu, from the same address you use for your edgeryders.eu account.

(For simplification, you might want to think about providing Debian / Ubuntu packages for installation at some point.)

2 Likes

@luca_mearelli I did not yet receive your SSH pubkey. Please send it in soon so you have time to finish the setup in time for next week.

Oh, sorry I didn’t see the notifications from this topic :frowning:
I’ve just sent you my public key, thanks for the help!

@luca_mearelli says the new graphryder is live at https://graphryder.edgeryders.eu. Looks good!

I already found a small bug: the dialog box for downloading the graph gets superimposed to the graph in a confusing way:

Luca, do you want us to report issues on GitHub?

Yayy @luca_mearelli , can we haz edgesense installation too?

ping @hugi :))

1 Like

Yeah, looks cool! But the data isn’t loading for me for some reason…

ping @luca_mearelli see ^^

oh my, I’m really really sorry, the notifications form edgeryders got lost (a misconfigured filter in gmail made them skip inbox). I have opened an issue on github for this: the dialog box for downloading the graph gets superimposed to the graph in a confusing way · Issue #1 · edgeryders/graphryder-dashboard · GitHub

I’m also thinking that keeping the code in my personal workspace in github isn’t the best for Edgeryders, I’ll open a separate discussion about it

1 Like

The issue should be fixed now (if you still see the dialog with the worng styling, clean the cache and reload the page).