Group Working in the Viral Academy

In the Viral Academy we believe in small group work, our methodology is directly opposed to the idea of a teacher presenting in front of a twenty or more students, whether that be in a traditional class setting, or online. Such traditional teaching has it’s place, but there are already plenty of offline and online courses that offer one-to-many teaching. We will not succeed in adding to the current learning landscape by replicating existing or traditional teaching methodology.

Viral Groups

Our methodology is “viral” - small autonomous groups, that are self supporting, and are able to recreate the teaching experience for others. By small we mean groups of less than ten people. Based on our present experience, it seems that team sizes of around six people seem the most effective. Each group learns together, and is supported by a facilitator (an agile teacher), and resourced by online experts. Our core aim is to facilitate the work of such learning groups, and to marry the physical nature of face-to-face collaboration with the economic and coordination capabilities of social networks.

VA Course Proposal

I had proposed a Viral Academy Course, (with tentative name, “Agile Studios”) to teach pre/post media production and strategy to multiple mediums and spaces.

As I have been a part of first VA batch, formed during the LOTE 3 at Matera, I have been learning (coding, animation and opensource culture) and teaching (Multimedia Production, Event Management and Lean/Agile Start-ups).

Now I am in Matera since four days, during which Ive been getting on par with on-going Viral Academy Structure Development and Market Research for Students skills supply/demand. Thus, I proposed How I intend to go forward to create synergy between ongoing projects and new initiatives in coming 4 to 6 weeks to form a small group and develop viral learning to support the core aim of Viral Academy “to facilitate the work of such learning groups, and to marry the physical nature of face-to-face collaboration with the economic and coordination capabilities of social networks”.