GTF Berlin 03 - Alessandro [EN]

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

I think I can do something better because clearer today the automotive speak only about the E-car E-car, Ecar. We know this concept, but I think also the automotive need to be invest more in order to have good energy. So in my dream I imagine the e-car when I bought one car Audi Mercedes, that doesn’t matter. I receive also how I can produce this energy. This is a dream. I’m not crazy. It’s just a dream. But is a vision.

Do you have any concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example, in GPS?

No. Total transparency? No. I’m afraid when I have just just my data in one device. But when we have 1,000,000 million of data in the device. Okay, we are all of us is in the same condition.

Also, if you think about the reuse of a car electronics.

For the for the disposal for the future, I think will be more easily when we have an electronic car, compare with the old approach we avoid to use oil we don’t have we have less component. So.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes, sure, sure, sure. For me, reusing means I take off one component and I use like this. I don’t touch nothing. Recycle means maybe disassembling put additional process inside in order to reclaim for the same use or for the different use. No, no. It’s two different concepts.

Uh, on a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about the issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Personally, I sure I’m taking care about the environmental and spatial. I’m take care about the the future guys because about us. Okay. More or less. We will live in very good situation. But we don’t know what’s happening in the next ten years, 20 years. And the potential problem is not the world. It’s not the planet. It’s us. choose the people.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

So today we invest a lot in research. For example, again, in Peaco in in our company, we invest a lot of energy in order to understand how we can put in place better system in order to recover water. In this case, this is, I think is the best we can do today.

And in your private life.

In private life, clearly we take advantage about what water the community provide in term of information is more complicated because the private house depends for its life. Depends, for example, which house you have. If you can install a solar panel, you are lucky, but not not at all. The guys can do this because it depends. So it’s a I think the best approach need to come from the collective and in parallel, each of us need to do something.

Um, how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

I think they need to take a lot of responsibility because in one hand we have this planet. We have only this one. For your information, we work also for Thales Alenia Space, ESA, NASA. We have our equipment today installed in the International Space Station and we are sure there is not another planet like this and is not an option. We don’t have an option about that. So we need to take care about what we have in the end.

Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

No, I think it’s the opportunity. It’s not an issue. But clearly we need to manage this in a in a very, very big focus. Cannot manage by small country, by small country. And I think today we have reality worldwide. Let me say the same vision. Clear. We need to discuss the timing because all of us is agree about this. But maybe in Europe we are more sensitive about that in other countries is less sensitive. But we are agree about that. We just need to discuss and the final agreement about the timeline.

Okay. Thank you very much.

You’re welcome.