GTF Berlin 03 - Alessandro [EN]

So I’m just and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information, so if you agree, please tell your first name and if you agree.

Hello. I’m Allesandro Albani and I’m agree

Thank you very much, Alessandro. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

I think yes, we need to really have a clear vision. What could be the milestone? Because sure, in order to reach the target, we need to go step by step. It’s impossible. Today design one solution where you move the switch and all it’s done is impossible and sure is not. Something can can work for the future. But under a very good analysis of each company, I’m sure we can finalize something very well. So basically we need to make analysis about the staff to understand where we can put the priority. When we know the priority, we can start to work. This is the basically I think will be the best approach for the circularity economy. And also, there is another thing I want to show to you When we talk about the circularity, we need to have very clear vision about the KPIs so we cannot take care of only a part of the environmental in one process. We need to have a complete vision since the beginning up to the end. Otherwise we are completely lost. Guys.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself? In any aspect of your life?

Sure. Basically in my company, I’m I’m a CEO of a Peaco. Peaco is a owner. The company has been dealing in the water treatment and recycle system for more than 25 years. Today, I present one speech with the L’Oreal group, is our partner in L’Oreal Spatial in Settimo Torinese. We are discussed about north of Italy. We start to reclaim water since the 2016. Today we recover 40,000m³ per year in term of water. And this is just one very, very good example and how we can work.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices? How did you become interested?

Uh, sure, because I’m personally have a big feeling about that because my company work in this field. But I can tell you nice story. The company has been 25 years experience, but the beginning was only water treatment. Now only the focus is water treatment and recycle system. So also the company follow what we really need.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Sure, sure. I think any guys can can provide a lot of in term of circular economy. And again, we need to have a general view and work all together in order to reach this goal. Yeah.

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Maybe just we are in the in the top of the iceberg. I think this, but we need to start from some part. Otherwise we cannot fix up all in the first part. In the first moment. I’m sure we are in the good way. Maybe we need to to have time. I don’t know if one days or ten years, I hope in the middle, but sure, this is the good way.

Uh, do you currently own a car or did you own.

Yes. Yes.

Which kind of car.

Is Audi Q7? Mild hybrid.

Uh, when is the one the aDjective or the first thought that comes to mind when you think about car electronics or electronics in the car?

I’m sure the electronic car will be the solution, but it’s the part of the problem we need to take care now how we generate the electricity. But again, guys, we need to do something. It doesn’t matter now. It’s important. Go get up and do something. The car is the solution. In parallel, we need to fix up how we can provide energy.

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than normal regular cars?

No, I think it is not easy. Not hard is the same than before. But we need to work all together again about the energy. This will be the focus for the next couple of years I think. And all the Europe is not linked with the Germany. Italy. No, all the Europe. And let me say I have some experience also in USA is the same in Canada is the same. So we need to start and the first step is the Ecar. After that, we need to take care how we can provide good energy. This is my vision.