GTF Berlin 05 - Anna [EN]

So I’m just. Yeah, I’m just an I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector, and I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information.

I consent. My name is Anna.

Anna and. Okay, thank you very much. So can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Oh, okay. Circular economy is when we think products beginning to end and not end, but really, again, beginning to end. So the circle as a as guiding picture. Yeah.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Yes, very much. I mean, as a private person I do. And also from a professional perspective, I work in industry that is very much involved in circular economy topics.

explain a little bit. Yeah.

So as a private person, I buy many things second hand. I also resell things on platforms so that are still usable From a professional point of view. I work for a construction logistics platform that is looking at secondary materials, streams and how we could reuse them in construction sites. And yeah, as a not as a primary material but as a secondary material stream again, and not make them go to the landfill.

Yeah. How did you how did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

Very much from the beginning of my studies. I’m a mineral resources engineer that is formerly mining engineering, but it’s not mining engineering anymore because it’s not only about primary resources streams anymore, it’s also about secondary resources streams. And this is how I got engaged very much from the beginning of my education as well. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yes. But there are always inter interfering. I mean, you can I think you must start with an individual sector and industry. But as soon as you start thinking in circles, it will never end because you always have overlaps. It’s a lot about collaboration. It’s a lot about partnerships. It won’t ever work if there’s just one party engaging in circular economy thinking. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be or not? Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Good question. I’m not as involved in car industry to be very honest, but I believe there are. I mean, from a materials point of view, I’m sure because many materials also aluminum, steel, textiles, they’re already reusing secondary streams in their primary production. And I don’t know up to which degree, but from that perspective, definitely. But that’s the main example that I have at this point. Yeah.

Do you currently own a car?

I don’t.

Did you own a car?

I used to own a car, but that was a company car.

So you’re sharing.

The household has a car, but it’s not my car. So I have a I have a bahncard 100. So.