GTF Berlin 07 - Celine [EN]

Um, in your what can the automotive industry do in your meaning to promote circular economy?

Or if they do anything, they promote less of their cars and more of the public transportation. First of all, that is something. So they do maybe less actions to prevent cities to build for the people and for the public transportation, metro, u-bahn (underground) or whatever you may call it. But they need to do less, first of all, to let other people do what they can do.

Do you think that such changes will happen in the car industry soon or whenever.

They will have to at a point, but I don’t know when?

Um, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data in electronics in general? Everything or every kind of electronics?

Um, yes, because I live in Germany and I get used to the GDPR regulations. what they work with data as well. Um, and there is a lot of surveillance economy that is going on when they’re managed by big corporations and I wouldn’t want that. But I also see the value of having data for the use of public and there are many associations and also cooperatives that are doing that. So I support them, but I don’t support the corporates when they use our data against us.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes, recycling is generally usage of materials again, also can be for a different purpose. Reusing is like using the as it is case for a different purpose. So without going back to the root material.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

4.5. Explain, please.

So I couldn’t say five because I don’t think I’m taking the necessary actions to be a five. I would have loved to, but I’m extremely worried about the things I do in my daily life or the ways that I live or the future of generations in terms of how they live and their access to materials, water and the good climates. I’m afraid about the number of people who pass out due to heat. Um, but it’s a 4.5 because I still haven’t found a way to do a full time thing on this matter.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

I mean, I talk to people, I said I try to participate in organizations. I do try to initiate greener projects in the companies that I work at. I mean, they’re never as good as I want them to be, but at least I try. Um, I bike, I take the public transportation whenever possible, so when possible, I take the train instead of instead of a bus, I take the ferry instead of I take the train instead of a bus. I take the ferry instead of a plane and plane. Is that the last option? Last resort at the at this point and I, I just talk. There’s nothing much that I can do. But I at least I believe I changed even slightly a bit. The opinions of the people around me.

How much responsibility should each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment? What do you think.

I mean? Not as much as they are promoted, actually, because individuals are not the biggest contributors of such things. Everyone should try to do whatever they can. They can do, is my point. But sometimes we shouldn’t always focus on the smaller things and we should fight for the bigger changes. What I’m thinking about. Yeah, I mean, we are small, so we as individuals, we are nothing. I try my best and everyone should do it, but we are not really impacting anything.

Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

um it should start in every local cities and places and environments. And there should be the global collaboration. For example, while promoting sustainability in Europe. We shouldn’t let aside the countries and continents who cannot invest in sustainability practices because of infrastructure issues or many other issues. So we should start from the villages to make a change in the cities. So like you have to bring solutions to those environments.

Thank you very much.

coded