GTF Berlin 07 - Celine [EN]

First the administrative stuff. I’m joss and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I am going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put it the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. Thank you. If you agree, then please tell your name and that you agree.

My name is Celine and I agree with that.

Thank you. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Um, yes, of course. Circular economy is the economy where we try to maximize the impact of the materials and businesses we do and try to work in sustainable, sustainable terms. And while maximizing lifetimes, we also deal with the after cycle and before cycles of where where do things come from and where they should go after they expire.

Yeah. Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

I mean, I’m vegetarian at least I try to use as little plastics as possible. I try to buy from ethically and sustainably concerned brands. I, I had been trying to find, um, an association that I could volunteer at. I worked at many associations in this regard, but in Munich I haven’t been able to find one that is suitable for my concerns so far. Besides, I do research in Cooperative Enterprises, which I believe has huge potential for the future of sustainability and circular economy.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

I’m young, so I was. I was born with the interest of trying to do better for the world, at least as much as I can. Not that I’m able to do it as much as I want to, but I always had the desire to be able to have less bad impact while trying to maximize the good things that I do.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yes, of course. That’s where they should be implemented the most. I mean, I try as an individual as much as I can, but the most important is that the industry players and the governments take an action to force them first the industry players so that they do less harm. Because as an individual, my contribution is limited, even despite how much I want it to be. And I think they should do, especially in construction, automotive, um, energy. And like any industry we can think of, they should be the major players. Yeah.

Celine, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Um, unfortunately, we are still at the phase of greenwashing mostly, so it’s good that now electrical cord cars are more prevalent, but it is because they are making profit and I honestly don’t think that it is yet how it should be.

Uh, do you currently own a car?

No.

Did you own a car?

No. No.

So, uh. Okay, then maybe this question. You know, when is the one that objective that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car?

Um, sustainable, but now energy efficient? No, I’m thinking of the first things, and they are generally not the case. Um. At least like cleaner energy.

Okay. In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy than the old school regular cars?

Yeah, I mean, of course, at least the energy is better, right? So. Yes. Yeah.