GTF Berlin 09 - Eduardo Luca Giacomo [EN]

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yeah, sure, for sure. For sure. I mean, it must be implemented also in several sectors. For example, I mean in talking about automotive industry, they must try to collect all the materials that I mean, the batteries have a short life and they must be reused and the materials must be, uh, reused of batteries because otherwise it would be a waste, a big waste. So it’s, I think it’s very important that every, every business tries to implement a circular economy business model. I mean.

In your opinion.

Yeah, I think that basically every business can implement a circular economy, some more than others. In some sectors it’s very difficult. But there are some options to do that as well.

Yes, I guess it could be possible to use the economy for the individual sector, for each individual sector. I think it would be even better to use the same product for one sector for all other sector, for example, if it’s possible to interchange these products. So, for example, if some product is at the end of its life, it could be used for some other sectors, then why not? It’s better to do it.

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the in the car industry?

I would say yes. I would say it’s still possible to improve because it’s always there’s always space for improvement. But I would imagine that car companies already are aware of the problem and are going to adapt to act accordingly, to to to to solve it, to to use its economy as much as possible.

what do you think?

I think that it’s not something that is really implemented much not yet. For example, I can think about batteries. Still, there is not much done. It’s much is not done yet to recycle batteries. And also a lot of parts of the cars are just yeah, they are not recycled, but it’s in the process of being developed. Um.

I don’t really know. I actually think that it’s done more than we think. I read some articles about companies also with batteries that are trying to recycle it them as much as they can. Um, but at the same time, I think it’s now a big trend, the one of circular economy. So I think that companies also to like um, raise like their consensus from among people I think they will try to adopt the more and more the. Business model to. Yeah, for these reasons.

Are you currently owning a car or did you own a car?

No, I’m not currently owning a car and I, I, yeah, I, my family does. So I mean, I use it well I used to use it. Yeah. I used to, to use it when I was, uh, I was, I was living in Perugia when I moved to Milano to attend university. So. Yeah. So now I’m moving a lot with like, public transport or bicycle. Uh, before I was using some time in a car. Yeah, yeah.

Yeah, same. I don’t have my own car. I use the. My parents car.

This. Same. Same. The same? Yeah.

Okay, So what is the one adjective that comes into mind when you think about electronics in the car? adjective?

adjective?

Yeah. What is the first thought?

Uh, vital. Because the car needs electronics to. To work. So that’s what what comes to mind. So, yeah, vital.

Technological and yeah, I like technology, so I like electronic devices in car and. Yeah, like I like where it’s going with autonomous driving, etcetera.

Yeah. I would say also essential, I mean, but also because like we are moving towards electric vehicles and I think it will be an important trend. It’s, it’s already is. But I hope that the more and more it will. Electric vehicles cars will spread around the cities and so yeah I think the electronic part, the electric part is essential. I mean.