GTF Berlin 10 - Elli [EN]

What can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy, in your opinion?

Pardon? Can you repeat?

What what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

I think automotive industries are are playing a significant, significant role in the whole society and they have the a big market share so they can in in in their own way, they can help to maybe caring and paying paying attention to our earth. So for circular economy they can redesign, they can reuse and they can remanufacture a lot of things in their factories so they can help through these kind of things because it’s about physical and material things, not the services.

We were talking about electronics in the cars, but do you have any concerns about privacy and personal data stored in electronics in general?

Yeah, maybe. We are living in a global village and with a lot of social networks, so our privacy are going to be affected. But about the electronical parts, maybe I don’t have any detailed information about this. I don’t know actually.

for example GPS or something like that.

I think for public vehicles, public transportation vehicles, it’s okay. But about my own own car, I don’t prefer to have this kind of things.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yeah, I think recycling, it’s about, for example, changing or transforming some some used products, some used materials. And it’s it has positive effects. But, but and after, after recycling, we have a new material, we have a new product. But about reusing, maybe we can maybe we we don’t change and just use it after after using for the first time I think these two different concepts. Yeah.

Yeah. On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

I think 3 to 4, because I’m in the new I’m in new journey of learning about sustainability, about my course, about my master’s degree.

Yeah. Could you explain why? 3 to 4?

Why 3 to 4? Because before. Before this stage, Before starting my degree, I didn’t know anything about the vision, about the concept of sustainability. Because in my own country there is no SDG, there is no, for example, concept of gender equality and something. Now I’m getting familiar with these concepts. So it’s maybe increase the concern.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

I think using less plastic. Paying attention to people, paying attention to women, gender equality, things, inclusion, and maybe as a future manager hiring some diverse and for example, the concept of inclusion, for example LGBT groups or some some of these as a future manager.

One of last questions how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

I think as an individual and as a for for our first maybe role in our family, we have a lot of impacts on our earth up to our company, our jobs, and in all of our our roles in the life. We can play a significant role. So we should we should take care. We should care about our behaviors to our heirs and the people around us.

Uh, last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I think it has. It’s it’s maybe a holistic view. So it can has it can have a lot of effects, effects on the maybe the macro level and micro level. So it can be local, it can be national, and it can be maybe as a laws and regulations from international bodies, from governmental institutions, and maybe they can set some frameworks for this.