GTF Berlin 19 - Kathalina [EN]

In your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular cars? Um.

I think it’s good to, to measure data maybe and then evaluate it whether this car needs to, um, some check ups and then with check ups they can extend the life of the car or maybe they, like the data can then give like recommendation how to better use it, right. So that it, it will benefit more.

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy, in your opinion?

A. I think sharing like first it starts with awareness. So I mean, the advertisement is all about buying or selling so and so maybe they can start also advertising about the circular economy. Yeah.

Uh, do you have any concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics if you share a car, for example, in GPS?

Uh, yeah, it’s a good point. It should, in my opinion, be detached from the, like, depersonalized. So yeah, the GPS. Um, track like this. Only the GPS signal should be tracked, but then not related to the account. Really?

And electronics in general. Mobile devices.

Anything else? Yeah, definitely. We it has to be regulated because it’s getting out of control. And we have as consumers, no idea where our data is going. Yeah.

Does recycling and reusing means different things to you.

Yes. So yeah, recycling is basically using the the material and reusing it for something new, very new and reusing is not really changing the initial purpose of the, of the item but like giving it another chance. Yeah. A second chance.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Oh five Yeah. (Why?) It’s getting in at hands like we have. No, it’s we are there are deserts full of waste and we are burying waste. We are producing much more waste than our planet can handle. And yeah, there is no way around that not being concerned about it. Yeah.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

Um, I implement it in my daily routine. I’m carrying plastic bags with me. Um, um, like, try to always give at least a second time, like use something at least a second time. Then I promote it in my like, family and friends and try to always bring like reusable cups to a party and so on. So I my head is constantly working towards that. Yeah. Yeah. I’m very strange.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

In my opinion, it’s a big responsibility. A lot of people are pushing it to like the industry, but we are part of the industry. We are working for the industry. So if we as employees, then later don’t implement it at work, like at home, then it makes no sense, right? Um, yeah. We have to change our mindset. And also, yeah, my, me as an individual can affect at least 20 people around me. And then the 20, it’s like the network effect. Yeah.

Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

An international issue because the countries that produce the less are suffering the most.

And the other countries or what is the local level or national level?

Yeah, I mean. There are some topics that have to be regulated on an international level and some on local. So it really depends on the topic, right? Um, if it’s about climate change in general, then it has to happen in every country and then local and locally. Like, I don’t know, some kind of like companies produce like waste less water or don’t throw their waste into the river. This type of stuff, right? Um, yeah.