GTF Berlin 20 - Jeremy [EN]

I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you. Change your mind later and don’t want to be longer to participate. Get in touch with us and we will take it out immediately from the repository. I’m leaving you after that. An information sheet with contact information. If you agree, tell me please your name and that you agree.

I agree. Jeremy Owen.

Thank You. Jeremy. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

So a circular economy is an ecosystem and an interrelation of companies, social society and the environment, and in a way that allows business and communities to live more harmoniously together in the future.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

I would hope that I do in most aspects of my life. I cycle my bike everywhere. I try to make sure that the the things that I purchase in my home life or fruits and vegetables, etcetera, all come from sustainable origins. I participate in recycling programs. And then my my job is working in a business that’s carbon neutral and zero emission. Okay.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

So I worked in the commercial airline aviation industry for many, many years and and as part of that, I mean, it enables travel. You fly around the world, but it also creates a considerable amount of carbon and pollution for the world. And so it began to change my mindset as I got older in terms of being much more socially conscious and aware of the emissions contribution that I make to the planet and therefore change my outlook and my desire to work for a business that is carbon carbon neutral or zero emission.

Okay. In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

I think multiple businesses need to contribute in their own individual way, but there needs to be an overarching regulatory or legislative framework to support people working within an ecosystem, basically, yeah.

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

So I think car manufacturers have begun to move towards it. They could do a lot more and there could be a bigger step change, but I don’t think they’re there yet. Yeah.

Do you currently own a car?

I don’t own a car.

Did you own a car?

I had one car in my life 16 years ago. Yeah.

So that means when is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics? If you heard about it.

Like electric cars or.

electronics in the car. GPS, Things like that.

Convenience. Convenience? Yeah. Yeah, that’s fair. Car electronics. Convenient. Yep.