GTF Berlin 22 - Konstanze [EN]

When is the one adjective or what is the first thought when you think about electronics in the car?

You. Um, I guess, um connecting my phone to it and having, like, music and GPS and, um.

Yeah, yeah. Uh, in your opinion, uh, cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than regular normal cars?

I don’t know. Um. I mean, I guess more electronics also means more to recycle or to re-, like find new ways how to reuse them. Um, but I guess there are also technologies how to re. I don’t know. Yeah. Yeah.

Uh, what do you think? What should the automotive industry do to promote circular economy to make changes?

Um, I mean, I guess there’s always, always the option of, um, advertisements, but, um. More transparency in terms of what actually happens with the car. Um, when? It’s done. Yeah. Or like what? What parts can be reused and what they are reused for?

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics, for example gps? When thinking about reuse of car electronics?

No. Why? Because I already think that personal data is everywhere. And it’s sold everywhere. Um, and there’s. I mean, privacy is important, but I kind of think there’s like, not a lot that as a user I can do. I mean, I wish for more privacy, but. Um, it’s fine for me. Um.

Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes, definitely. Um, reusing. Um, is much more, um, uh, sustainable. Um, because if you use things like a, like a, like more times, like the life cycle of the product is longer. So Um, I’m more for reusing than recycling. Um, yeah. And recycling means to use the like, use the part of the products and uh, build something else or. Yeah. So.

Uh, on a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Four, I guess, four.

Would you please explain why? Um.

Because, uh, as we all know, there are like in all. Sorts of, um, life quick, uh, challenges, uh, in terms of the environment. Um, I still think there’s hope in technology and, um, forschung like research, research, research. So I’m not giving it a five. Um. Yeah, one of last questions. Uh, what, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability? Um, so, uh, I’m a vegetarian. I, um, buy second hand, like, not everything, but let’s say, like, half of my clothing is, uh, second hand clothing. Um, I try to not. To, like, to, like, rethink, um, everything that I buy. Like, if I really want it, um, use it quite long. And, um, find different purposes for, um, yeah. The things.

Uh, how much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

Um, I think the biggest responsibility lies in the companies and, um. The countries. Um, there of course is are still there’s like responsibility in each individual. Um, and I think that’s important too. But, um, and yeah, I think we should do it in the way that we can. Um, yeah.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issues?

International? Um, I think it’s everywhere. Huh?

Why?

Um, because everywhere on the planet, things are being produced. Um, I think. I mean, there are different formats where it’s, like, more, um, uh, interest in, like, more local, I don’t know, for, um, all the waste we have, etcetera. But um, looking at regulations, um, it’s more in terms of the country and looking at the whole world, it’s like just responsibility and the, um, yeah, the responsibility to come up with research and share, um, everything.