GTF Berlin 22 - Konstanze [EN]

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you in an information sheet with contact information every day. So the first your first name and if you agree.

My first name is Konstanze. And yes, I agree

Thank you very much. Constanze. The first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Um, good question. Um, circular economy, I would say um, means the reusage of all kinds of different resources throughout all. Um, branches (industrial sectors), you know what I mean? What does that mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Um, yeah, yeah

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Uh, personally, in my private life, I’d say, um, I’m. If this definition is right, Um, I buy a lot of secondhand clothes. Um, I use, like, public transportation, if that’s also part of it. Um, and I’m, I mean, I don’t know if it’s like part of the circular. I don’t think it’s part of circular economy. Um, no, Um, I’m a vegetarian, but, um, I also do a lot of, uh, DIY stuff and like, reuse or like, give them a different purpose. That’s what I do, like in my personal life. Um, and I, um. Yeah.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices? Um.

I guess mostly through media and through the awareness, um, in terms of the climate crisis

In your opinion can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yes. I mean. Um, I think like the biggest. Um, part is always the industry. So. Um, looking in manufacturing, looking in, um, energy sectors. Um, this is, I guess where the biggest effect will be. Um. And there are a lot of, um, I think the people are aware, um, that will help them to use this at home as well. So if there are the different. Um, options, um, and the awareness becomes even greater, I think also in private

Do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

In the car industry? Um, I actually don’t know. Um, regarding the automotive industry, I’m not too much into that, so I actually don’t know.

Do you own a car or did you own a car?

Yes, I own a car.

Which kind ?

Um, it’s a caddy.

Younger or older one.

Um, more like. Like a newer one.

Um, what is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about electronics in the car or in your car?

Sorry. What was the question?