GTF Berlin 25 - Milo [EN]

Do you think it’s harder or it’s easier to adapt to circular economy electronic components or cars that include electronic components?

Um, to adapt. Yeah.

Regular car. Old fashioned car,

I suppose. Um, yeah. It’s not really my area of expertise, but I suppose, um, because we already have the automatics, um, and that reduces it quite significantly. So if we start by making every car automatic perhaps, and then it would get rid of especially the use of petrol and diesel, it would get rid of sort of. Yeah. The sort of, I don’t know, um, uh, demand for the, for petrol and diesel if we start by doing that and then um. Yeah. I don’t really know how to adapt automatic cars. I don’t really know how to do that. Um, because I’m not an engineer, but, um, yeah, we speak to the engineers about how to adapt automatic cars and how to. Yeah, I don’t know because obviously I know charging puts people off it a bit, but, um, I suppose we could start with that.

Do you believe that the car industry, uh, will, uh, do in more in circular economy or will these changes happen soon?

Um, will they happen soon? I mean, I’d like to think they would happen soon, but then again, it’s just, um. Yeah, I suppose a lot of these a lot of countries are still not making as much progress as they want about on going down to net zero. Um, and that affects every industry. Um, a lot of governments are still sort of just sort of effectively saying we’re going to try and get carbon to this much by 2050 and then just sort of kicking the can down the road. But there’s no real no real action being done about it. And I just feel that it’s sort of, I don’t know, it’s sort of hindering the opportunities to and sort of the desire to sort of, yeah. See going like reducing carbon emissions and thinking of a circular economy is, I don’t know, people. People just are not I don’t know. It’s not normalized yet I suppose. Yeah.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data in electronics in general?

Personal data? Um, I mean, I’d like to think my data is safe. Um, yeah, I mean, I’ve always. Yeah, I’ve. I’m always worried about personal data. I’ve been hacked a couple of times, but, um. Yeah, no, um, I mean, I’m not really sure. Yeah, I’m not really sure. How, um, yeah. How how it would affect personal data, but, um, yeah, I don’t think it would make a difference whether it’s a circular economy or not. I think that was. That would always be a concern. Um.

Yeah. Does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes. Um, so this can isn’t a very good example, but if I wanted to reuse it, I would just break it wide open and pour water in it. Or if I had a water bottle that be reusing. But yeah, recycling would just be it’s not throwing it away because it’s recycling it. But yeah, I’m not, yeah, I’m not reusing it. Um, pretty much, yeah. Yeah, I was. You were going to say you were going to say, um. Yeah, I suppose. Oh, another thing. Yeah, that was. That was it. That was it. I suppose another thing because reusing recycling is still very good, but reusing is not really better, but reusing and reusing more would reduce the need to recycle and then that would reduce waste. Pretty much. So, yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Well, definitely four, maybe five. Yeah, definitely. Um. Yeah. Yeah. It’s. It’s just, um. Because I feel like all my life, I’ve just gone about sort of my daily life going from day job or school or, uh. Yeah. Secondary school or university or part time jobs and. Yeah, you’re sort of trying to go about my daily life, trying to get through life. And then I just hear, like. I just hear, like, stories of rising sea levels and then rising humidity. Yeah, I just feel. Yeah, it’s very unsettling when you hear that. And then, um, I don’t know. I feel, I feel like people, I feel like it’s not really talked about enough and I feel like it’s just sort of. Glossed over quite a lot, especially by the mainstream media. Um, and yeah, it’s sort of, I don’t know, it’s just sort of inspires me to come to events like this and just remind, remind myself what I can do to help and that sort of thing. And yeah, find my passion as well.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

action? What do I do? Um, I’ve wrote a couple of articles, actually. Um, yeah, I’ve got my own website sort of writing about it sometimes. Um, yeah, I always make sure, like, electricity is recycled. Um, that sort of thing. Um, yeah. And then, yeah, I just sort of talk to your friends about these issues as well. That would really help. Um, if you sort of normalized in like, social friendship groups as well. Um, that could definitely make a difference. And then, yeah, and then once we start doing that, maybe we could, like, I don’t know, start doing that in like, especially among young people. We need to normalize it among among young people. Because if we start like normalizing it in like social friendship groups, then I don’t know, I feel like because I really like going to music festivals, for example. And then if everyone started talking about it and sort of coming to events like this and getting behind it, then I could go to a music festival and there would be a bit of a mess, but not too much of a mess. And we could learn to recycle more stuff like that. Yeah.

How much responsibility should each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

Um. How much? How much? Um, well, everyone has a responsibility. Um, it’s difficult to say how much because, I don’t know, like, it goes back to the point of. Yes, they have the responsibility. But then I don’t know some people. I think it’s not really it’s not really like I don’t know. They just don’t know about it. Like, yeah, they don’t know about events like this and the need for circular economies and that sort of thing. So I mean, they have a responsibility for sure, but it’s also, I don’t know, like. Yeah, it’s sort of like it’s not really their fault because they’re not being I don’t know, it’s not explained to them that it’s what, what should be done by, by the governments of the top sort of richest countries or the the G7, The G… Yeah. Yeah.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

Um, local, national or international? Um, I mean. You could say. You could say like generally it’s an international issue, but then you would have to, um, you’d have to sort of we need to decide how we want to implement it going forward, whether it should be a local, national or international international issue. I mean, if. If if if nothing is being done because we’re trying. If nothing is being done internationally, then maybe we need to start from the bottom. Get local people sort of saying stuff, talk about it in local councils, local communities, and then sort of work our way up from there. Um, pretty much, yeah.

Okay. Thank you very much.

No worries. I hope those answers were helpful.