GTF Berlin 28 - Paul [EN]

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not your real name, in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If you do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you information sheet with contact informations, so please tell me your first name and if you agree.

I agree. And my name is Paul.

Thank you, Paul. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words?

Circular economy. In my own words, I was struggling, as I told you with this word because I never heard before in English. I think this means renewable, renewable energy or products. Yeah. Products. Products. Yeah.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Yeah, for sure. For for separate garbage, etcetera. Also, try to avoid as much as stuff or materials you can’t use a second time or third or fourth.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

Yeah, this is a good question because I have also children. I think almost everyone is thinking of his ancestors and children and that’s why I’m interested in also from a neutral or very multicultural area in Berlin. And my parents have been also very green and left handed political on the left side. And they gave it to me in my hands when I was a child. And I guess that’s that’s the reason why.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

And yeah, for sure. For sure. But this is, you know, I’m part of the industry and I see so many products, solutions, applications, and it’s difficult to name anyone if you it’s always depending on on each industry segment, etcetera. It’s not that easy to answer from my point of view.

Um, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Yeah, for sure. Yeah, I’m pretty. I’m pretty sure. Um, especially for, for some parts of the chips or metals or, um. Yeah, but to be honest, it already exists. But it could be better, I guess. Yes.

Um, do you currently own a car?

Yes.

Which kind of car is it?

Audi.

Is it new or older? One.

It’s three months old.

So you can answer me then this question. What is when is the one the objective or the first thought that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car?

Electronics in car. It’s, you know, I’m working for for a manufacturer who is dealing especially with these parts. It’s a lot of electronics in a car and you need a lot of microchips. And that’s also what what I mentioned before, especially the microchips or materials from the microchips you can use again a second or a third time. But it’s not that easy to to recycle them.