GTF Berlin 33 - Tabitha & Lena [EN]

Yeah. So you can do a lot of stuff by yourself, but you kind of need the ideas. So I think the government is responsible for, like, sharing ideas and giving like, suggestions what you can do.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I think it’s important in a local, national and international way. So it depends on which sector you’re looking. So local, for example. But I don’t know local businesses. I think it’s like, of course, then it can stay in the local area. And like also, I think waste is kind of an international topic because in Germany we are like export. We export waste a lot, which is stupid. I don’t know why because it just lands in in the sea and that’s maybe an international topic.

Your opinion ?

I think it is on all three levels. Important. Of course, it depends on which materials are we speaking about. If we want to keep it local, then it’s maybe more about the food. Just to try more locally and things that grow each time of the year. But things like big resources like lithium or things that we need for batteries. Of course we can’t harvest them here in Germany because we don’t have those mines and not the resources that we have to think international. So to be fair to everybody and every country would be, of course, the optimum, but that’s more like a dream. So it depends on which level we are talking about.

Okay. One question more. How do you think could the circular economy be successfully implemented?

I think it’s already. It’s already happening, of course. I think we just need to bring more awareness to it that everybody and every business starts to think about it even more, not to think about where do we get this from, but like, okay, and not this is waste, but what can we do with the waste? How can we recycle it? What other companies could use it for making something new? I think that’s already in the implementation, but it’s not like the biggest aim of everybody. Of course. Like. We could just switch some things up so that it gets even more of this circular economy. But I think that meets a lot of research and how we can implement it and a lot of planning, of course, because if we know that one material will be the waste, maybe we could switch the production so that the waste wouldn’t be waste anymore. But that’s of course, depending on how everybody is working together, because if it’s cheaper to produce waste than to produce something that might be helpful, of course nobody is willing to do it. If not, the government or other companies try to implement it and make it more more a option that others are willing to take. Yeah.

Yeah, yeah. So in order to make it attractive that companies implement circular economy, they need to see their advantages, for example, that it’s cost saving and also you need to bring the environmental factor with it. And I mean, it’s always good if you don’t have to like use new material and use your own one. It saves resources and stuff. And it’s important to like she already says, to research on the different options you have and compare it and then look for the best one. So but. I think it’s also important. If a company already works good, then they wouldn’t change something. Probably. So of course the government is always important that they do laws there and maybe also support companies.

Thank you very much.

coded