GTF Berlin 34 - Thalita [EN]

Uh, in your opinion, are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to circular economy principles than old school regular cars.

I think in the beginning, maybe harder because they consume a lot of electricity, for example. But I think it’s also like a chance or an opportunity. Yeah.

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote the circular economy?

Could collaborate with other actors, like with non-governmental actors, with, um, activists maybe, and just do, like, a big promotion together? Yeah.

Uh uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored by car electronics in the shared car, for example?

I’m myself not, but I know that’s a big issue in Europe. In Germany especially. Yeah. Yeah.

And electronics in general?

No, I don’t have issues, and I’m not afraid. Yeah.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Um, I think so. I think reusing is more something that you can do, like in an individual and recycling is more like a bigger system. I’m not sure. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Yeah. Five. Yeah. Why? Yeah, because I think it’s not too late, but it’s already there. And so many people are suffering right now, and it’s just the beginning. Yeah.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability?

Vegetarian, I’m not driving a lot. I don’t own a car. I’m, um. Yeah. Trying to use more train to travel. Yeah.

How much responsibility does each individual have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

Yeah, I think everyone has the responsibility because, like, we like the environment itself. It’s not caring. I mean, it’s there. And if it suffered, it suffers, but it’s about us. And so we have the consequences. Not like some random abstract concept or the earth or something. Yeah.

Uh, do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

International issue. But I think it’s good to think global and act local. Yeah.

Could you explain it a little bit more?

Like, you have to understand that everything is interconnected, that it’s a global issue, that we face consequences of other parts of the world. But if we try to do something on our part, it’s beneficial for everyone. And we have to start and it’s not an excuse to do nothing.