GTF Berlin 34 - Thalita [EN]

So first the administrative stuff. I’m Joe and I’m working for research in research group, and we are collecting. Or just a moment, moment, moment, moment. Where is that? Bla bla bla bla. Hiya. Here. So that’s so bad to read. Okay. Research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text document documents that will be used for the research. If we do that and you change later your mind and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. If you agree, please tell your name and that you agree.

Yeah. Talita. Agreed. Yes, I agree.

Thank you very much. So the first question can you define a circular economy with your own words?

Yes. Circular economy is like a big ecosystem which combines political advantage but also benefits for society. And of course, in an economic business case.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Yes. It’s a lot about behavior. And also everyone can change. So I’m buying second hand. I’m trying to sort out my trash and something like this. Yeah.

How did you become interested in the circular economy, ideas and practices?

I think it’s a popular concept. Also trendy and like really visible on social media, but also from a business perspective, like big corporates are participating in like refurbishing phones or something. And then like, um, yes, it’s just good to contribute. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or industries?

Yes, of course I think so. I think everyone can do it his or her part only to get as possible, even if it’s small.

Uh, do you think the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

I’m not sure. I’m just thinking about, like, pieces, which could be like, circular economy stuff, but I don’t. I don’t know. No idea.

Yeah, but what do you think? Uh, what kind of role could circular economy play in that industry?

I think it’s relevant for every industry. I think the car industry is a driver of economy, so they should be like a role model. And we see like a lot of transformation with electricity and just have I think it’s good to try out and then find out what’s best and not to wait. Yeah.

Do you currently own a car or did you own a car?

No, no, I don’t own a car. Um, no, I never owned a car because I live in a big city and I’m just doing renting models. Yeah.

So not sharing.

No, car sharing. Yes. Yeah. Car sharing and pooling. And, of course, I own the car with my family, but I’m. I didn’t buy a car myself. Yeah, okay.

Uh, where is the one adjective that comes to mind when you think about car electronics or electronics in the car you are sharing, for example.

like about software data, innovation.