Guide for building the OpenCare online community

Make this wiki more prominent?

Given its improtance, shouldn’t this wiki be linked around the top of the OpenCare Research page?  ALso, I would put a link to Nadia’s recent presentation someplace prominent as well.

As Guy said about what reviewers want and don’t want, it’s also crucial to always remember how fresh eyes will see the site and what actions they are likely to take once they get here.

I found it on the other OC page

https://edgeryders.eu/en/op3ncare-community/resources

I have to admit I get them sort of mixed up.  But I can also see that if you go to the ER homepage, then click projects you can see the two choices.  But now I would say, given the importance of OC, why not put a discreet link to it righ there on the first page and avoid that extra clicking?

Thanks for the suggestion

Added on the Op3nCare homepage! I guess I was expecting this wiki to reach more structure and consistency. If there are things we’re missing or questions we should answer in it don’t hesitate to add them.

One last thing to do

Hello,

@Alberto@Noemi@Nadia: I get back at you about the deliverable, again: we also have to justify our delay upon submitting it.

I will therefore need you to explain in a paragraph why links to the OpenCare platform are submitted in in April instead of February (planned in the DoA).

As I already posted, it sounds acceptable to explain that the platform was mainly ready in due time, that edgeryders introduced it during the kick-off by the end of February, with extra adjustments related to users’ experiences being carried out in March.

You also have to describe the impact this delay has on your activity as foreseen for WP2 (using more person-months, needing extra staff, or else).

We decided to prioritise the work of doing outreach

As part of our outreach and engagement work, Edgeryders brokered an agreement with the College of Architecture, Media and Design at Berlin University of the Arts (UdK Berlin) around a new course in which we involve students in the OpenCare research project: About – HACKING UTOPIA

The agreement was finalised in mid february. While the website was already online by then as agreed, we decided to prioritise preparation of the course as an effective outreach and engagement opportunity and to finalise validation of the website design and contents based first experiences of using it as the primary collaboration, interaction and documentation space for the course activities. My documentation from the first day of the opening 4-day workshop: https://edgeryders.eu/en/you-and-me-and-everyone-we-know-the-many-faces-of-care

The Final exhibition has now been announced HACKING UTOPIA | designtransfer

Exhibition has now been announced here:

Submitted !

WP2, Deliverable 2.1: Deployed, tested OpenCare online space on the production server - SUBMITTED :slight_smile:

A copy of the document is stored under the OpenCare Admin file, see Deliverables.

1 Like

Good work

Thanks Luce for reporting on the successfull submission of deliverable 2.1

It’s not as if I did not know about it :slight_smile: I added a few words myself to the accompanying document. I invite all to have a look, the few additions I made to Nadia and Alberto’s text aimed at facilitating the work of reviewers: helping them to get the idea, identify the relevant resources and in this case easily access them on the web.