Dear volunteers for #Lote2, below are a set of guidelines explaining how you can organize your number at the event (look for your session). They are meant to explain in more detail what you should prepare, and give you some tips that can improve your presentation or attract interest from the community. Whichever session you belong to, we recommend you to work closely with the others in your team! Also, feel free to contact Nadia, Noemi or Andrei aka @TOOLosophy on their profile pages. FYI here is how you can communicate outwards about the conference.
- we are coordinating on twitter using the \#lote2 hashtag.
- join the Social Media Team! How it works is you receive a daily email with the most interesting content about Edgeryders and Brussels event that needs to get to world's ears. We're counting on this team to use their social media networks available and create buzz around the meetup
- on the page Communication Materials (look above in the menu, we'll update it as visuals come in) you will find fun stuff you can use for your social media avatars, your websites and/or blogs; these will help get the word out and create buzz; also help you profile yourselves and build social capital by participating in a European scale event.
For Local Action Heroes
Session overview.Participants in this track are figuring out concrete ways in which individuals or small groups can draw support from their peers and the insitutional legitimacy of the Edgeryders project to unlock local resources, make their initiatives more resilient, or diffuse their approach internationally and raise awareness about the value of the work they do. As well as how members of the Edgeryders community could support and nurture future change-makers, on and offline. The session is framed as an open debate.
- If you haven't already, join the LOCAL ACTION HERO TEAM: there you can get in touch with other participants or interested community members and plan together the session.
- Encourage people in your team to participate actively in discussions To make sure you have all the help you need, be sure to take the lead: post comments with your ideas about the session. If they're in draft form, don't worry, the important thing is to get feedback and collect as much input as possible.
- Start by inquiring what well-being and ill being means to Edgeryders and what they are doing personally to improve how their communities live.
- Locate great initiatives & discuss how to support them.You and your team are welcome to put forward your own projects or others you know that are making a contribution to reducing precariousness, exclusion, poverty. What would these projects need to enable positive change better, faster, or who should support them? How can Edgeryders and the Council of Europe intervene to further give support?
For Policy Heroes
Session overview. A two day workshop in which a diverse gathering of policymakers, radical thinkers and lifehackers work together to debug Europe’s next generation of policies around innovation, sustainability, education, labour and employment, social cohesion and resilience. This is a great opportunity to challenge yourself and your peers to think critically about our diverse experiences and bring them together into something that would make a positive contribution towards enabling the adoption of creative solutions to our most pressing societal problems.
- If you haven't already, make sure to join the POLICY HERO TEAM on the platform: there you can get in touch with other participants or interested community members and plan together the session.
- Encourage people in your team to choose an actionable from the list & help flesh it out. To make sure you have all the help you need in preparing the session, be sure to take the lead: post comments in the mission reports (there is one posted for each policy measure proposed) with your ideas. If they're in draft form, don't worry, the important thing is to get as much input as possible in most of the actionables.
- Reach out to people who know about policy misteries :) Even invite them to Brussels. Ask Edgeryders to help identify "goodwill" policy makers, many of them are well connected!
For Community Heroes
Session overview. Edgeryders community members brainstorm and put together a plan to drive the community forward. This track consists of two interrelated parts 1) Exploring alternative business models and revenue streams, to support participants own local initiatives and for the Edgeryders community as a collective 2) Developing the technical platform to better support those alternatives.
- If you haven't already, join the COMMUNITY HERO TEAM on the platform and invite others to join as well.
- Encourage people in your session to participate actively in discussions prior to the event. To make sure you have all the help you need, be sure to take the lead: post comments with your ideas about the session. If they're in draft form, don't worry, the important thing is to collect as much input as possible.
- Build up your team: On the team page there's a list of areas where people can help, it is fully open to additions.
- Prepare an engaging brief for participants in your session at the conference (roughly 20 people in a group): the brief should contain an overview, as well as highlights from the online discussions; how do Edgeryders perceive our moving forwards, what can they do to support community development?
- Lead the session. Brief participants, ask them to add their reflections. The discussion should focus on the key challenges and strategies to tackle them. Look for community responses to those challenges; what did some Edgeryders experience with and seemed to work? who are the key stakeholders? think of creative solutions and how we could get stakeholders on board to endorse them. Your job as facilitator is to map the environment and build a list of resources that we have, people we can count on as we move forward.
The workshops end with a report to the plenary.
Put your imagination at work, feel free to be creative and innovate the proposed formats. The good thing about designing Edgeryders 2.0 is that we have room for everybody’s ideas.
Note: in the session rooms you will have at your disposal a flipchart, colored cariocas/pencils, post its. If your vision of the session requires other additional materials, get in touch!