Hack 4 Enviroment - Cairo - Goal 6 - Clean River

Hello everyone,
My name is Khlood, I am 22 years old
Who we are
Khlood Mostafa, I am a fresh graduate from faculty of science biotechnology program Tassnem Yahya @TasneemYahya2019 she is a fresh graduate from faculty of agriculture biotechnology program
Hamza Mohsen @Hamza he is a fresh graduate from faculty of agriculture agriculture engineering section
We are interested in the green economy, eco-friendly technology, and waste management
Our project
Our aim is to provide a filtration system, so we will build a device that purifies Nile River or water from agriculture and industry from all wastes including Heavy metals, microorganisms and pigments using the chelating property of chitosan beads. Then all governmental organizations and companies that are concerned treating wastewater will have the chance to buy this device and therefore we will have the targeted revenue. Also, we found that the Nile River the main source of water in Egypt has a serious problem and suffering from the shortage of water level about 13 billion mÂł and the problem will increase with population expansion and other environmental issues that directly or indirectly affect water

Challenge:
Nile river is a gift given to Egypt, it gives us about 59% of total water need, but most of the people don’t have much awareness about how important is it!
We are a concern to improve water quality and remove waste so we are target SDG 6

Short term objective

Remove wastes from the Nile river

Long term objective

•Keep river clean

•Raise awareness of all Egyptians

•Improve health and safety

And finally, this is our Google drive file for presentation and documentation
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tCr2uPAjY7eSOZpv-vGNo2cet45pKi6Z?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Hello @Khlood_Mostafa
Thank you for taking the time to present our project to our community members.
I have a few questions for you to understand your project better and give you more thoughtful feedbacks :

1. May I ask to provide us with further details on how your project activities/products will generate revenues.
  2. Have you scientifically evaluated the feasibility of the solution you are offering and its environmental impact?
2 Likes

Hello @zmorda

Thank you for your kind words :cherry_blossom:

1-About further details:

Our project aiming to provide a filtration system, so we will build a device that purifies Nile River or water from agriculture and industry from all wastes including Heavy metals, microorganisms and pigments using the chelating property of chitosan beads. Then all governmental organizations and companies that are concerned treating wastewater will have the chance to buy this device and therefore we will have the targeted revenue

2- We did our feasibility study and we found that the Nile River the main source of water in Egypt has a serious problem and suffering from the shortage of water level about 13 billion m³ and the problem will increase with population expansion and other environmental issues that directly or indirectly affect water. So, our device could be a solution for saving the available water and using it in different sectors either irrigation, drinking, food industry… Etc.

Also, the device has the following advantage and environmental impacts:

• It is a double positive impact either in getting rid of wastes like shrimp shells and produce a useful product “Chitosan” or produce chitosan beads device in order to make use of its chelating properties to purify water from possible contaminants
  • Current products can’t be efficient, profitable and cost-effective as chitosan
  • Chitosan is a natural polymer, biodegradable, biocompatible and non-toxic and that ensures that a device made with such natural material can have fewer drawbacks

Moreover, we do believe that this problem (wastewater) will be solved elsewhere not just in Egypt :wink:.
We are here 24\7 for answering all your questions

1 Like

Hello @nadia and @zmorda, hope you are doing well
I would like to know your feedback overall our idea even if we aren’t winners
Thanks in advance :muscle::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Hello @khlood
We are planning to share with you the scorecard ( evaluation sheet) and the selection committee feedbacks in the upcoming days Please make that @elewa94 has your e-mail address so our team can get back to you

Please note that you would be invited to join the open session of the OCI Lab program.
So , Stay tuned; we are working hard to make the program inclusive while maintaining the high quality of incubation.
Many thanks

1 Like