Do you want to be part of developing solutions to the environmental problems that we are currently facing in the MENA Region?
Dates : 22 / 23 /24 Of November.
Places Confirmed :
- Tunisia: Ourghema Coworking Space in Medenine , coordinated by @Yosser
- Tunisia: Higher School of Digital Economy in Greater Tunis, coordinated by @RaouaaZ and her student club JOKER ESEN
- Egypt: Al Maqar in Cairo, coordinated by @elewa94
- Morocco: Go4Work Coworking Space in Casa Blanca, Coordinated by Chaima EL Ghani
Time : Personalized to each event.
In Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco and other countries in the MENA region in general, the environmental issues are NOT yet considered as REAL problems, which could be understood when you find a huge unemployment rate, the poverty and dropping out of schools rates have also increased in the last few years because of the economic crisis. BUT, we know how we should move for the environment, and how if we think sustainability, if we think long term, then people should be aware of how serious our environmental issues are.
For that, we are going to be part of the Edgeryders Hackathon series that are going to be delivered in the MENA region, to raise awareness, to tackle our problems and solve them!
The challenge will be: How can technology help today address the urging environmental and agricultural issues? How can it help achieve the following Sustainable Development Goals?
- SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG 13: Climate Action
- SDG 14: Life Below Water
- SDG 15: Life on Land
All participating teams in all Hackathons will be invited into choosing one or more of the above SDGs to work on, and come up with solutions to address it/them and achieve the goals set by the UN.
Why should you participate?
It is a community based event so you will be working with extraordinary people who believe in CHANGE.
There will be interesting workshops and webinars with EXPERTS from the Edgeryders community that will guide you through the way to develop your solution into a real sustainable product.
There will be prizes that will help turn your prototype into reality:
- The first two winning teams from each Hackathon will win an online incubation with OCI LAB, and an access of a total budget of 15k $ available to all 8 teams to develop their MVPs.
- The third, fourth and fifth winning teams from each Hackathon will win an online incubation with OCI LAB, and if more funding will be available in the future, they will benefit from it.
How to be part of the Hackathon?
All you have to do now is filling a form which will be available soon and shared by organizers. In the meanwhile, we invite you to create you onw account, introduce yourself and tell us about your aspirations so Edgeryders community will get to know you
Want to contribute?
If you feel like you can be part of one of these hackathons, that you can help the teams protoype their ideas and help the develop them into real solutions, then please join us!
We appreciate each single contribution and just leave us a comment here to inform us about your contribution
How is this event being organized?
This event is organized as part of the Edgeryders’ festival. All hackathons that will be organized in the MENA region at the same time. Each event is a community based event and it is coordinated on the Edgeryders’ platform, like all previous events organized.
The MENA region. With @nadia and Edgeryders’ team, I am coordinating these Hackathons. Feel free if you have any questions or suggestions you may share with us.
Looking forward to hearing from you everyone