Hackathon organisation

Welcome! Edgeryders are preparing a Hackathon to take place at unMonastery, 15th-23rd October, one week before Lote4 begins.

On October 15-23 a limited number of projects will get the opportunity to support and be supported by their peers from around the globe while experiencing living and working in the world’s first unMonastery. During the lead up to the event, and in the physical sessions, the participants will swarm the project to troubleshoot, refine the objectives and invite others to join the hack.

If you are up for contributing to make this a great experience for you and your peers, let’s collaborate. Like everything on Edgeryders, this is driven by social interactions. Things only become active when you post something, so if you think something needs to happen, step in and drive it, and others will follow :slight_smile:

Tasks available to this team

Write the introductory text to the Traditional Knowledge Databank project

Check this team’s working space for more tasks.

Steps to get your Lote4 ticket

1. Pick a task of the ones above or in the team’s group and complete it. If you need help don’t hesitate to ask by leaving a comment on the page. Each task is worth a proportion of the ticket value. and you need to complete enough of them to get one and come to Matera.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

Looking for team coordinators

Hi guys, wondering if you have seen the full writeup  of what it means to coordinate this team?

@JamesL, if you are still up for this I think a good start would be to post a comment here with the things you think are the most urgent to do and what kind of help you need. Also, where or how do you prefer coordinating the work (eg a new Platform group, weekly hangouts?) This was we can ask someone else to help you with the organisation and share the workload.

Feel free to use this team page & comments to publish all recent developments until you figure out what best suits you :slight_smile:

Connect up!

Hey @JamesL did you get an chance to speak with @Rémy?

I was also thinking about how we could connect up the Case Study efforts with the Hackathon, whether it be identifying possible projects, individuals to be involved or common interests - might be worth having a call with @Lauren about this soon. Also we could consider centring the Berlin meetup for the Stewardship around the hackathon in order to build some momentum!

Happy to help

Just reminding I am happy to help build up a setup similar to the Spaghetti Open Data hackathon I showed @JamesL during the community call. Most of it involves insisting with proponents that they communicate clearly and in writing what they want others to do, and in general accept leadership of their track. Some of it is also making sure we have at least one or two cool projects that play ball, and preferably at least one would be participatory – accessible to people who are not programmers. For example, @elf Pavlik and @mstn, could this be a good chance to finally finish unTransit?

Ciao @Alberto, I am afraid I can’t come to Matera in October. However, I am not sure. Regarding untransit I have some news.  Next week I’ll update you all with more details (this week I am on mountains to harvest the hay!).

Aw :slight_smile:

I do hope to see you, Marco. Keep us in the loop.

Getting the hackathon group going

Hi Guys,

I posted the first idea for a Hackathon project proposal in the Hackathon Group. If you leave a comment on my post with suggestions for how to refine it into a good proposal for a hackathon and how you are going to help me move it forward, it will encourage others to do the same. Also it will encouage others to submit their ideas and proposals, as they see there are people there active…

https://edgeryders.eu/a-analog/digital-documentation-kit-to-help-bridge-the-offline-online

update from Hazem, James

Hi all,

Hazem and I are meeting in Berlin today to work on the process for this, and test it out with the first few projects in the pipeline. Remy and I are in contact and will talk again soon.

Next steps are:

• Post notes from today about how the process will work, get feedback from group and start running with it to test it out, with draft documentation inside the Group on the ER platform.

• Find and assign people to the Story Teller/Editor and Analyst roles, who will be helping prepare each project for the Hackathon

• Refine tools we use for presenting and collaborating on each project - e.g. use tool as suggested by @Alberto, consider use of hackdash, custom forum tools.

• Connect up the Prepared Hackathon pipeline to all sources of projects that can feed into it - e.g. Ben & Lauren’s nomad tour, EdgeRyders users, existing projects, etc.

James

Hang in there

@JamesL, I will be online starting Tuesday and will get a lot more involved with this. Just hang in there.

Done

Hackathon happily organized. Onwards!