Hi all, thanks for having me here on the social media team:

Hi all,

I have very little experience in social media usage but I have worked for a short time with an experienced team in LA and their strategy may be helpful for our work here.

The crew in question were the girls from www.thehealist.com (also a great fb page for staying healthy). Their strategy was derived from trial and error. They found that the best thing to do was to:

-Post a picture first, at the morning time, to catch people over breakfast.

: this lets people have their own thought process without info overload initially.

-Then Post an objective (external source) info-piece around lunchtime.

: this gives something for the people seeing the morning post to feedback with.

-Then Post our information (internal source) in the evening and invite comment.

: this completes the process for the observer: to consider, compare, feeback, and       comment.

We used this strategy and found that it was better than anything else we tried. I was not around for the trials.

I hope this is helpful to the team.

All the best crew :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I was telling you …

this is super valuable info! we’re all trying to get better at this, so tips are great!

I agree about visuals, they always drive more content!

Taking notes from our hangout here (feel free to add yours):

HOW MANY NUMBER OF POSTS PER DAY in our official channels?

-Facebook: it depends on admin choices but also on the people in the team administering the official account; don’t overcrowd the page :2-3 pieces of content daily

-Twitter: 4-5 pieces of content daily

Dorotea: - suggests that we agree on a daily schedule that she will post with the tentative times; and give people the link to social media posts rather than original links: the more RE-shares and RTs, the better for our engagement metrics (+1 from Noemi, +1 from Eimhin)

Thanks for an awesome hangout guys!

That’s quite advanced

I am no SM guy either. However, from a recent experience, I think an important consideration on Twitter is how much networks overlap. Someone following, say, 10 of the 40 people in the SMT will see the same statud update, more or less at the same time… 10 times over. If the wording and the time are identical (as with tools like Twitterfeed) some people get the creepy feeling of “we are the Borg… resistance is futile”. We may be sort of OK here, as we come from different countries and we are likely to have quite different followers.

The problem disappears if each person personalizes the wording and posts manually rather than using automated tools.