Hi I'm Daveed! I want to connect all the information in the world!

Hi, I’m Daveed.

My most important identifier is Papa. Since BS and MS in Engineering at Stanford, I have had leadership roles in startups, nonprofits, and social enterprises in emergent fields. As a “Shift Shaper,” my work focuses on collective wisdom and altering systems of consciousness for positive impact. I worked on decentralization in early 2000s focusing on energy, food, and water and on building local economies. Now my focus is decentralizing knowledge & building collective intelligence with my startup Bridgit.

We make the entire web into a collaborative research platform.

As a long-time Internet researcher, I have had no system for making sure the information I find online is readily available when I or someone else needs it. I’ve dreamed of a system that reveals previous research related to one’s focus of attention. Imagine, down every rabbit hole, nuggets of insight and innovation.

Bridgit is a crowd-mapped Google Earth for online information. Bridgit users build online knowledge maps of ideas & the relationships between them. Thus providing shared context for collaboration and communication without coordination.

Our mission is to connect all the information in the world into a universal knowledge map that can be accessed through the web or in the future through virtual experience, thus creating the possibility of ubiquitous context. We believe that if we want a democratic future, we must move towards an economy that is based on supporting rather than capturing attention.

Our beachhead is emerging ideas. The problem is many groundbreaking ideas experience an uphill battle which delays their impact for years if not decades. Our platform enables stakeholders to build knowledge maps & shared context for issues that matter; seeing ideas in context makes them more understandable and actionable.

Bridgit enables insight, debate & discovery on every webpage by making the entire web into a collaborative research platform. Our browser overlay enables researchers to control, validate, organize & monetize their data. Advanced tagging enables the #OverWeb, a Trust Layer over the webpage. The #OverWeb is a Secure Social Ecosystem that generates valuable semantic, intent, & sentiment data. We use AI to assist in creating/validating content and neutralizing bad actors.

Our platform supports a new category - Massive Online Research Collaborations - that enable researchers to build knowledge together without coordination as well as Bridgit Apps which enable organizations to expose their information and application functionality wherever relevant on the web.

Check us out at https://bridgit.io!

2 Likes

A Google search shows a number of things with that name. Which one is yours?

Hi John!
Can’t believe I forgot that in the original post.

1 Like

Interesting concepts. But, as far as I can see, a centralized proprietary platform. Quite the opposite of distributed and free software or open source. So, good luck, but not for me.

1 Like

@fjanss, your assumptions about what we are creating are incorrect. We are NOT building a centralized platform. While it is true that we have not built in the DLT aspect of our system yet, we will launch with a DLT in place. (We are 10 months out from the planned launch and plan to remain fluid as to the specific implementation until Q2.) Also, we will have open source aspects to our project. We will not open source aspects of the system that could enable one of the Internet Platforms to put us out of business before we get started. Good luck

This looks really interesting. I submitted to the alpha. I definitely do think that this needs to be made open, at least eventually. This would help to make it grow larger and also stop any one platform from controlling this information.

@zvanstanley, thanks for the feedback. We are using the annotation standard and JSON-LD.

For this to create real value wrt collective intelligence, we need to ensure the following:

1. All bridges have integrity, meaning that the relationship between the two content snippets are correct. We envision a validation process for this, whereby three approved validators have to agree that the relationship is correct.
  2. The system does not get filled up with fake accounts and bots.

Without integrity, there is no value to a knowledge map.

I’m open to conversations about how this can be achieved in an open framework.

Hello @daveed, maybe have a look at worlbrain and how they connect knowledge:

ping @zmorda is this relevant for OCI?

I’d also recommend checking Veeo. Similar value propositions and a very friendly and welcoming team of creators!

Yo @daveed - how is the corona virus affecting your project and your work these days?

Hey John

We are starting a mapping project for COVID19.

The COVID19 Mapping project aims to crowdmap the online information ecology for the COVID19 virus including second and third order effects of the virus.

The project utilizes Bridgit ‘s mapping capability to catalyze a Massive Online Research Collaboration on COVID19. Massive Online Research Collaborations HELP researchers connect and interact with other researchers on any webpage WITHOUT any coordination EVEN IF they don’t know each other or speak the same language WITH a self-generating interactive knowledge map. AI will monitor the knowledge map and send alerts about emerging threats, false news, and misinformation.

Outcomes of the project include a first-generation interactive knowledge map, a shared context for collaboration and communication, a cohesive community, and faster better answers that accelerate insight, innovation, and learning.

Register online at https://bridgit.io

1 Like

Thanks! Veeo is cool. Would love to collab with them. Do you anyone there?

Ambitious project. Got any screenshots you can share so we can see what this kind of mapping might look like?

Hey John
Here is a mockup of how the overlay looks

!
This is what the map view looks like:
10%20PM|690x390 !
This is how bridges assist in sense making.
23%20PM|690x392

It may more sense to see the entire deck:

Would love any feedback.

p.s., You have a most interesting background

2 Likes

I’ve been in touch with the Veeo founders. I’ll let them know of this conv :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks.

So it depends on consistent and widespread tagging? It’s either that or machine learning I guess.

Both. Machine learning can suggest tags and connections. But there will be a human-in-the-loop for the foreseeable future.

ping @yassine_el_metoui_84 have a look at @daveed 's work above, perhaps it might be helpful?