"Homework"

@rebelethno@hugi has kindly agreed to help us do brainstorming sessions on @alberto 's initial visualizations. His availability is indicated here: Call with Hugi — Fantastical Openings

I am traveling until Wednesday and not available for meetings in that interval, but would be great to do a couple of them next Friday the 30th and/or Monday the 3rd, if people are available. The 8am and 9 am slots EST would work great for me – perhaps we could use the time window when we would normally have the ethnographers meeting for one of the groups?

Do I need to do a doodle poll separately for the three groups, or can people weigh in here? @Jan and I need to be present at all three meetings – @Jan can you also take a look at @hugi 's schedule and see what would work for you?

Also, I will not be able to attend tomorrow’s ethnographers meeting, as I will be in transit.

Safe travels. We will organize ourselves.

@nica we have decided with @Jan to pus the brainstorming meetings with @hugi to the week from 3rd October, because of you being away until Wednesday and because there is this Poprebel Impact conference on Thursday and Friday 29. and 30. Sept.

That’s fine! Has there been any movement on organizing specific times? What is the best way to do that – Doodle polls?

@rebelethno – I know everyone has been focused on the impact conference, but now that it is done, we really have to prioritize scheduling these work sessions. I see that @hugi has spots available this Friday the 7th. I propose that @Jan and @hugi and I plan to meet with the Polish team at 14.00, the Czech team at 15.00 and the German team at 16.00. Does that work from everyone? Please let me know today.

Thanks,

Nica

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s a little short notice for me. Slots are free in the calendar, but earlier this afternoon I already scheduled something else for Friday, I just hadn’t updated the calendar yet. Sorry!

Give me a few more days of lead and I can certainly be available next week.

@rebelethno – the report draft is due at the end of this month, and while we have a solid draft, there are entire sections pertaining to the visualized data, and then the corollary analysis section that remain to be written. So everyone, it is imperative that we prioritize these meetings with @hugi ideally for early next week.

@hugi – understood. Please let me know once you know when you are available next week!

My availability is still true to my calendar, so as long as you schedule with me about 3 days in advance you can be certain that I can make it. I would make this a rule in my calendar, but it makes things inconvenient if people can’t even attempt to book with me short in advance. Once you have agreed on a time with the team when I am available, please book the time and you can count on that I will be there as long as I have 3 days notice.

1 Like

Dear all

Monday the 10th is good for me. I am free all day.

Richard

Hi @Nica

Did you create the POPREBEL folder on Google Docs? If so, can we add Djan to the access list - and remove Isidora Jaric, Maja Krek and Super Nova.

If it wasn’t you, do you know who it was?

See you on Friday!

R

For me, Monday I can only do between 9-11.30 and then from 14.30-16.30.

Tuesday I am free whole day.

Dear all, are we having an Ethnographers Meeting today? I don’t see a link.

@rebelethno@hugi accepted our meeting requests and if I understand correctly, we will join him at this link: https://around.co/r/hugi

So the Polish ethnographic group is tomorrow at 13.00 (or 12.00 for those in London), and the German group at 14.00 (or 13.00 for those in London).

2 Likes

Hey guys, just to confirm the Czech group will meet tomorrow at 12:00 London time / 13:00 Prague time / 7:00 EST? Cheers!

@rebelethno im at @hugi’s Around link, but noone seems to be there…are we still meeting as scheduled?

Hi – yes, we will be meeting at @Jan 's regular Zoom link (based on how the Polish and German sessions went yesterday, we concluded we don’t need Hugi’s help for the moment) – he emailed saying his computer is dead and he is restarting it.

2 Likes

What link are we on today for the Ethnographers meeting? I am at the one a few responses up in this thread but no one is there.

Hi @rebelethno, did we make a decision of what referencing format are we going to use?

As far as I can tell from looking at the Horizon 2020 template I have, there is no specific format for references that they want. Is that right @alberto ? If so we should decide on one. I normally use Chicago in my own work because that is the disciplinary standard for anthropology in the United States, but happy to use another one.