How are post views cuonted, how do they work?

Dear @alberto, @noemi and who else may concern ( @matthias ?),
i’m following the number of views of some posts from here: https://edgeryders.eu/c/opencare?order=views

I’m curious to know how views are counted and how do they work.
For instance, is the same user counted as view each time that the page is accessed? Is it only counted once per day? Do views of each comment affect the whole thread?
In particular, i’m following this post written by me on the tenth of august, and i wonder if it is really so much of value with 237 views (the fourth most read on the whole opencare post system), or it is a bias by the platform, or what else…
It is also interesting to have there just one reply by the team i’m referring to in the post and no other comment, even though there are so many reads compared to other posts much more commented.
Thanks for your help.

I’m not sure myself how exactly this works. Maybe @daniel came across info on that already?

1 Like

There is a discrepancy between page views as counted by Discourse and Google. I do not understand it, despite reviewing the discussions. This issue affects all pages on Edgeryders. Also, the vast majority of pageviews on Edgeryders (and most other community sites) are generated not by logged-in users, but by lurkers.

As for the specific issue posed by @federico_monaco, I offer two observations:

• Of course, all page views count refer only to views on the new platform. The vast majority of page views happened in the first 18 months of OpenCare, on the Drupal platform, and are excluded from Discourse statistics.
  • I suspect the title of your post is “SEO-friendly”. People google “allergy restaurant” in search for tips, and your post comes up. People google medicine- and health-related terms a lot.
1 Like

There is a setting in the backend to “count a new topic view once per IP/User every N hours”. It is set to 8 hours (the default). See: Topic view tracking rules - feature - Discourse Meta
Views generated by search engine bots and anonymous visitors do not seem to be excluded.

1 Like