I want to take part in the webinar.
Yes

My idea/suggestion for building the world:
thi is just a test

1 Like

Yes

Focus on events/trends that enabled radical change of individual and social behaviour - did things need to break down and be rebuild or can, what seems like radical change in hindsight, come as a smooth flow of incremental steps? What is planned, what is emergent in this change? Are drivers internal (desire) or external (pressure, crisis,…) to the societies in change?
How did that processes of change create different effects for different societal groups - how did they react (oppose, support, challenge, steer,…) to these effects. Were some more passive than others? Did some not realize the change for a long time and then react in an outburst? What in the change created (re-)action - when, how, and why?

1 Like

Yes

Two things are active right now:

1. Build strong communities based on authentic relating and co-creation
  2. Build a business where the central idea is a work day with working working hours 8 to 13 (1PM)
1 Like

Yes

Test form

Yes

What about a world with some aspects of the one from Brave New World. Hedonism, pleasure and indulgence is a central part of life. But the yin to this yan is self control and minimalism with restraint and focus. Allowing people to explore economies at both ends of the extreme and allowing them to compare the lifestyles. In my utopia people can find their middle ground this way. Nip in and out of each. Being allowed to enjoy themselves and the world and simultaneously work and create. I think having the balance that suits each individual is freeing and productive

Wow, so many nice ideas!

@EricLKlein very relevant points there. Let’s address them!

Yes :slight_smile:

Indeed. This is why we have such a focus on economics!

We have in mind a world architecture that would make that quite natural… to be unveiled at the event on the 7th.

Totally agree! Are you an economist/social scientist?

Yes, I think that will happen.

Indeed, tech is not the main concern here. The main concern is exactly societal and economic change(s).

Woow! Looking forward to seeing your ideas.

Great idea. Maybe we could start from a local instance (no deep space communication), and work it out from there.

This sounds very promising. We are, in fact, considering a world with different regions running on different economic systems. Why not a Teal Economy, indeed?

Good suggestion!

It seems you are calling for a history of our fictional world. I agree – there is no way to make a credible world without thinking about how it came into existence.

Makes sense. The first thing, in particular, was already explored by much work (for example, Doctorow’s Walkaway), and we should keep developing it.

Wow, this is fascinating, and resonates a lot. I hope you can take the lead in taking this forward.

2 Likes

Yes

Still working on it…

1 Like

Yes

Not yet formulated, I’m going to start in sponge mode.

1 Like

Yes

Let’s not forget that people will abuse the systems for their own power. So lets play with this. Add some elements of sociopathy, see what plays out, and how it can be dealt with or not.

1 Like

Yes

I think one of the ‘tricks’ to successful worldbuilding is to determine what about ‘the old world’ sticks around–as ruins, legacies, stockpiles. In what ways does the ‘old stuff’ (both material and ideological) get repurposed, and how does incumbent resistance to change shape the possibilities for novel action?

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

No

Leave nationalism behind. Pandemics and climate know no borders.
Modify the economy to avoid winner-take-all ends.

2 Likes

Yes

A federation of villages, where the economics between villages (“trade”) and within villages (“mutual aid”) are different.

2 Likes

Yes

Minimize nationalism. Pandemics and the climate know no borders.
Prevent winner-take-all outcomes.

3 Likes

Yes

I’m most interested in the models and cultures of R+D in this world. What’s going on with new or alternate processes of knowledge production? What’s the relationship with fundamental research and these new economies…? Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes

To think backwards from a Future Space, upon the conditions I am now in. To speculate Utopia and think backwards from that, to conceptualize what I can activate in the present to make that happen.

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Test ideas from the philosophical literature on economic democracy. E.g., all affected by a decision should have a say in it.

2 Likes