IARC 2023 Transcripts - 06 CED

Electronic

ah electronic. Uh. Problem.

Why?

Um. Because I know that I can just see that car manufacturer we use. We use technologies already implemented and in cars by some competitors before we can see that it’s this car are more reliable compared to the others. So because they, they use technology already in, uh, already already improved.

In your opinion are cars that include electronic components easier or harder to adapt to the circular economy principles than regular normal car?

I think it’s certainly harder. Yeah. Uh, I will. Because of, um. More, more, more, uh, parts. Uh, there are in a car, more logistic. There is a more complexity in the supply chain in general. So it’s, that’s why.

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

Um, they, they, they. Start to implement some bonus for, for people who want to buy electric cars. They also, uh, they also in the motorway, for example, I know that there are special price also for, for people buying green cars. It’s. It’s it’s. It’s. It’s not enough today, clearly.

Uh, do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in electronic components in a car, for example, GPS?

No, because anywhere now everything is, uh, we know everything. So, more or less for me, it’s not a problem from a personal point of view.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean the different things to you?

Yes. For me, reuse is. Is you use again, recycle is you completely close the loop and recycle the complete materials inside the product. So it’s it’s different.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Five Extremely concerned. Why? Uh, because I see I could see the evolution of the climate, for example. And we have no now it’s unfortunately we are late. So now it’s not a question of, uh, of uh, to stop the climate change is really to, to reduce the consequence of this climate. And so for me, it’s a question of urgency. And anyway, from a personal point of view, was always necessary to, too change, to work on this, on this issue.

Do you take any actions in your life to promote sustainability?

Yes. I use my car as much as possible. My my bike as soon as as much as possible. Uh, and also I invite my family doing the same. Um, I, um, I, I sort the, the waste so, uh, very carefully and from a general point of view, we buy again when it’s necessary to buy. And not only because it’s, it’s not always, but. When? When it’s possible. We we use it until the end.

How much responsibility does every individual, every person have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that protect the environment?

60% minimum. I think it’s necessary. Yeah. Yeah.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I really see it as an international issue because everything is combined and linked. So it’s mandatory to have this this, this global, let’s say, fight. Yeah. Okay.