IARC 2023 Transcripts - 10 GEO

Did you own a car?

Um, very briefly.

Or sharing car?

Um. Yeah. Car sharing. Um, but more privately, you know, like borrowing it from. From friends or neighbors. Yeah. Okay.

Yeah. When you hear, uh, electronics in a car, what is your first thought about electronics in a car?

So I couldn’t. Couldn’t really tell. Nothing. Nothing comes. Comes to mind. I mean, digitalization comes to mind. It more and more a car relies on on digital technology. That’s that’s that’s what it is. You know, I don’t put it in the context of of economy.

What do you think are cars that include electronic components like radio, GPS and so on and so on. Easier or harder to adapt to a circular economy principles than old regular car.

I, I reckon it’s more, more complicated. Yeah, I would say yeah. Because it has just more, it needs more electronic digital technology and that’s that’s might be harder to, to recycle. Yeah. Yeah.

What do you think. What can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy?

Yeah. What could they do? A lot, I guess. Um, probably also share, you know, share also their their knowledge across the companies. And so like here at this Congress, I think this is a good way to to learn from each other.

Other question. Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored not only in car electronics, also in electronics in general?

Mhm. No.

Why?

Maybe because I don’t have a car. And secondly. Yes. I mean surely I mean there is, there is a privacy issue like when it comes to location data and cameras and this kind of things. Yeah. For sure. Yeah. Yeah.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Surely, Surely. I mean, recycling is, is from what I would understand more, separating the components and see what can be can be recycled in one way or the the other. Reusing goes one step ahead and is thinking what could be could be reused by someone else before it is trashed. Yeah. Yeah.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

Um.five

Could you explain?

Yeah, because circular economy is still like a concept. It’s not something that is normal for, for, for a big number of people. And, and so yeah, there is just too much waste on this planet. I mean, just therefore it’s. Yeah. Boring. Yeah.