IARC 2023 Transcripts - 10 GEO

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put the transcription with the pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you later. An information sheet with the contact information. So if you agree, tell me please your first name and that you agree.

Yeah, I agree. My name is George.

Thank you, George. So the first question. Can you define a circular economy in your own words? What is that?

Oh, yeah. Circular economy. Meaning, Um. Whatever you produce, um, services are coming, are being reused by someone else. Um, yeah, a lot of reusability, you know, like, in a sense. Yeah, that’s what I say.

Yeah. Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Um, yeah. Yeah. I mean, definitely. I’m aware about what I consume, um, where, where that is coming from and, and if possible, by products that, that have been used before or reused in or converted in a, in a different way. Yeah.

How did you become interested in circular economy ideas and practices?

Yeah. If you somewhere it feels very natural to to be reusing things. To me, it isn’t like something new as a concept in Switzerland or I’m following like or I’m part of the Impact Hub network and I’m a member there. And so that’s why I got to to know things much better. Yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in individual sectors or individual industries?

Yes. Yeah, I’d say absolutely.

Could you explain.

In which sector you mean?

No. How could it be.

In which? In which sector?

In any.

Any sector or um. Yeah, I think it’s it’s a lot about awareness, about not just about the practicalities or, you know, the must do it, but it just, when, when the system has you know is open for reusing stuff in terms of creating, you know, whatever that means. New stuff you know. Totally. Yeah. Yeah.

What do you think? The circular economy already exists in the car industry?

If it exists in the car industry? Well, I hope so. I mean, I said I’m not like directly involved into into. But this this Congress is an is an example that that something exists. Yes. To to a certain degree, yeah.

Uh, do you currently own a car?

No.