IARC 2023 Transcripts - 15 JOA

It’s electric. Or hybrid or.

Diesel. Yeah.

What is the one the adjective that comes to mind when you think about electronics in a car, What is the first thinking when you hear electronics in a car?

You mean electronics? Also electronic, not electrical electronics, electronics. I think it’s a field where a lot can be done in future because at the moment it stays in the car clear. Nobody pays dismantling. And it’s a simple example. When somebody is interested in this material, he can pay to the car recyclers a little bit money and they will dismantle. And then this material will be available for separate recycling.

But do you think that the cars, which include electronic components. are easier or harder to adapt to a circular economy principles than a regular car.

I think it’s the same when more electronic parts are in and they are not special recycled. Okay, maybe you have more waste at behind the shredder, but I think it makes not a big percentage of this of the recycling quotation from this.

What can the automotive industry do to promote circular economy, to extend more circular economy?

oah, the automotive industry can what they can do I don’t know now. So at the moment it’s a question what what’s the what’s their block and this not to be responsible to pay money for for some processes and such things so.

okay. Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in a car by car electronics like GPS or things like that?

I have no problem with my data. So as long as I am working, driving and living after the regulations and I must not have problems when my data will be used by over electronic systems for insurance companies, for for I don’t know what who who all can use. But it’s a typical German problem in Germany that that to to save the data is mostly to to save the the illegal processes around these datas.

does Recycling and reusing means different things to you.

Reuse is the highest point of recycling. So it’s a it’s a part of recycling.

Could you explain it how.

reuse it? You have no. Yeah, you have nothing to do to to reuse part or machine or whatever. And recycling can also be remanufacturing, renovating a lot of other things. So use is really the highest quality of recycling.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five means extremely concerned. How concerned are you about issues of environmental waste and pollution?

So three.

Why three?

So you cannot say this. So generally it depends in what in what area we are talking about this point.

Uh, what, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability.

in my private life and your business life? Yeah. Good business. Life is clear. I’m working here in in car recycling, so I do a lot for this. Private life. I’m heating this gas. I’m. I have a lot of solar panels on my. on my house. Yes.