IARC 2023 Transcripts - 15 JOA

So I’m Jos and I’m working on research in circular economy and automotive sector. And I would like to know your point of view. If you accept, I’m going to record our conversation, transcribe it and put to transcription with a pseudonym, not with your real name in a repository of text documents that will be used for the research. If we do this and you change your mind later and no longer want to participate, get in touch with us and we will immediately remove your interview from the repository. I’m leaving you an information sheet with contact information. So then please your first name and that you agree.

Joachim and I agree.

Thank you. Joachim. So the first question, can you define a circular economy in your own words? What is circular economy.

To bring as much as possible goods in in circles to reuse, to re manufacture, to whatever, to not only to to waste them after the first step of use.

Do you participate in a circular economy yourself in any aspect of your life?

Of course. I am 30 years in the in car recycling. Active and car recycling is is a circularity and I think cars are the best recycled product from the beginning. So more than 100 years car recycling is existing. And so I think we are in a field where circularity is created.

How did you become interested in a circular economy, ideas and practice?

how I become interested. I was I was coming. I was coming in car recycling. It was not planned. It was so I cannot say what. Yeah. So yeah.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in an individual sector or individual industries? Part of industries.

I have not understood.

In your opinion, can a circular economy be implemented in an individual sector that means only a part of private life, not private life, individual sector or industries. It means in just a part of of a industry, not in every or global industries.

Okay. I think yes, we can have different circularity. At first was a private in the private sector then maybe in in the in the family or I don’t know. So every part of the life private, business, worldwide economy, all can be can have different circles for recycling. Yes.

Do you think that the circular economy already exists in the car industry?

Of course it exists. As I said on the other point too it’s from the beginning that cars are produced now more than 120 years. There is circularity in the car industry.

Can you explain what is then the circularity or circular economy in the car industry in Europe?

Yeah, it’s a beginning. It was only the scrap materials reused from the beginning. Also used spare parts are used also from cars from 1900. They are they were reused and so it it was not not as special as it is now to to create new materials from and from plastic and such things were coming later. But circularity in car recycling for me is the first picture is Shredder.

Do you currently own a car?

Of course.

Which kind of car is it?

It’s a SUV.