IARC 2023 Transcripts - 23 MIC

Uh, what can the automotive industry do to promote a circular economy?

I think it should more communicate and better communication and also to take to take, for example, the problem with the electricity, to take it very seriously while the car, the electric, the the electric cars will only go will only grow when when you have enough electricity over all the world. That’s it.

Do you have concerns about privacy and personal data stored in the electronics of of a car, for example, in the GPS?

Uh, no. Personally, no. No. Why? I am for sure. I think they has taken all the, all the necessity, all the thing that the, the, the information keep somewhere it’s the same as you do it with a computer. Otherwise you don’t do you don’t do anything with a computer for example.

Uh, does recycling and reusing mean different things to you?

Yes, it means different things to me. For me, recycle is when when something is end of life and that you take it, you dismantle it, and you. And you try to do redo something and reuse it as something that is broken to try to to adapt it or to think to make something new. Yes.

On a scale of 1 to 5, one means not at all concerned and five extremely concerned. How concerned are you about the issue of environmental waste and pollution?

Uh, three. (Why?) Or I think why? Because I think we should. Everything we should do, we could do more. And but it’s a matter of community of everybody should be at the same level.

What, if any, actions do you take in your life to promote sustainability.

To promote sustainability? Well, we try to, uh, to recycle as much as we can. Is it, uh, at privacy or also at work

Uh, how much responsibility does each individual, every person have to make lifestyle and consumer choices that help protect the environment?

For Europe, I think it should be everybody should be involved. It will say 80%. I think the problem is that between Europe and some other countries, there is a huge difference.

Last question. Do you see the circular economy as a local or national or international issue?

I think we should start, uh, locally and then it will grow still step by step to national and then perhaps international or in the world. I know the country, some countries are behind European, so that’s it. And those countries will take more time than us to do to to go to the circular economy.

Thank you very much. Thank you.