We are now commencing the preparation for the Impact conference. The event will take place online and be modeled on the community-cocreated festival we conducted in 2019, with some elements of a more traditional conference (specially invited guest participants aka “speakers”). This Wiki is to be treated as the single-source of truth for the Impact Conference The wiki will be collaboratively developed as the event building work progresses. If you wish to draw the curation team’s attention to something, make proposals or requests etc - please post it in a comment below. This way we ensure that everyone is on the same page throughout the process, avoid messes with multiple document versions etc.
Next Generation Interdependencies
A co-created online event through which we make visible hidden/new connections between emerging (networked) technologies and…
- issues and struggles (agency and movements)
- people and spaces (physical, social and informational)
- processes and stakeholders (legal, political and economic)
- domains (of expertise, mandates and resources)
When and Where
Date: November 2021 (tbd)
Location: Online ( exact where/which platform tbc, but we are sick of zoom)
UVP: We use SSNA as a method to it possible to see the whole, emergent patterns and details in a beautiful intuitive manner.
Running an event the Edgryders way offers unique advantages:
Interactive visualisations: Our research team provides visualisations of the conversations taking place as networks. Most people find these visualisations intuitive and beautiful.
Adapted for exploration: Our methodology is robust to ill-defined questions. Exploratory questions are allowed to take the center stage. Free-form conversation minimizes framing biases and encourages serendipitous discovery.
Scalable: Our approach and tools support large online conversations, with hundreds or thousands of participants. We use graph theory to aggregate them, and extract from them what is most important or unexpected.
Rigorous: Mining Semantic Social Networks yield qualitative and quantitative research. We apply network metrics to score and weigh the qualitative conclusions contributed by the team analysing the (open) data.
Open and accessible: all content is published and free to use under a CC-BY-3.0 license.
Privacy and consent: add blurb here about our data management policy, processes and tech
More info: reseaerch.edgeryders.eu
Event program format:
- Distributed and interactive
- Mini (Learning)
- Fishbowls (TalkWebinarsing)
- Workshops (Doing)
- Networking (Meeting)
- SSNA visualisations (depends on timing of event in relation to ethno-coding work)
- Event Format and process design completed
- Website published
- Call for contributions to program launched
- Online Workshops for open participatory design of event program
- “Core” event program announced
- Conference is delivered
- Conference report draft #1 delivered
- Conference report submitted.
- Log in to/ create an account here: https://communities.edgeryders.eu/login
- Leave a comment on this page or send it in a direct message
Partnership/ Media enquiries
- Write to: Contact@edgeryders.eu
Themes and topics:
- Themes emergent from analysis of conversations on the edgeryders-run platform
- Content submitted by participants via an open call
- Themes and insights selected featured in the community journalism digest