[International Event] Curate a track: shape the agenda before, during and after the event!

A track is an overaching theme under which several discussions take place in parallel. It consists of a burning question, background information describing the context and why this question is relevant to everyone right now as well as reflections around how different stakeholders stand to benefit from progress made in answering the question.  We ask you to participate in defining a track that you believe will bring people to the table who would benefit directly by being in touch with our networks and ensure the advancement of the subject matter itself. See this example of a track proposal.

Curating a track means: prompting people to propose sessions, and be proactive. The Edgeryders social media team will help coordinate the outreach efforts, but you are encouraged to call in people who you think ought to be in the conversation (friends and family, people doing interesting work, anyone you think can contribute or benefit from this). The idea is create a safe space for constructive , solution-oriented interaction between people who care about the issues. It also means curation, selecting proposals. Maybe encouraging proponents to change or develop proposals to be better. And then being there in person and being part of the event. To get started have a look at this example for a track proposal from a previous event, and then just create a post with your proposal in it. You can put together a proposal yourself or together with others.

If you want somewhere to start, have a look at the documentation from the workshops we just had.

Some proposals for tracks:

[Track][Proposal][Project level] Mapping assets, resources, tools 

This track is dedicated to connecting the dots between participants’ projects, everyday problem that people care strongly enough about on a collective level, and the bigger picture including how resources flow in the relevant local contexts. We are off to making resources visible, creating bigger contexts where people feel they can make a difference by contributing to a bigger problem. How to help each other’s projects succeed? How do I connect my work, my project to what people in my community care about?

[Track][Proposal][Individual level] Learning together, peer to peer

At the workshops in Tbilisi, Yerevan, Cairo we had a lot of discussions about changing values in ourselves and our cultures to be able to become the kind of citizens we’d like to be populating the earth. How and when do I bring myself to collaborate with others? How do I help others develop a sense of agency and responsibility for our communities? (#mustread Gazbee’s reflections on this)

[Track][Proposal][Institutional level] Collaboration for better supporting organisations and informal groups

We want to better understand how to design basic support initiatives that incentivise collaboration as opposed to competition in the civil society, and beyond. Collecting experiences from the community: how we work, what experiences we come across that we can capitalize on, and create the solutions. We’ll have UNDP staff in the room and we can design sessions to benefit from their answers.

[Track][Proposal] How we are trying to change things we dont like about ourselves. [Discussion in Egypt] Things in ourselves we don’t like and are changing

[Track][Proposal] How we are trying to change the things we don’t like about large organisations we have to deal with. [Discussion Egypt] Things done by large organizations that we have to deal with and can’t avoid, and the alternatives we are building to things that drive us crazy

[Track][Proposal] How we are changing things we don’t like about our respective cultures. [Discussion Egypt] Things we dont like in our culture and are trying to change.

Leave comments below with questions or more suggestions!

1 Like