Internetdagarna interviews - introduction by Maija

Tell us about yourself? What are you working on and why are you at Internetdagarna?

I am responsible for paid social for our 6 markets in Europe responsible for staff and recruitment for Academic Work.

My main focus is b2b, but we are more and more also working with candidates, which varies a bit from market to market.

I am trying to find new channels to connect to our right audience in a meaningful way. Also to understand generation y and z better.

When did something related to the internet last make you hopefull or happy?

I am originally from Finnland, there is this finish facebook group for women to discuss about anything. There was a woman describing how all her friends backed out of her birthday party and she was sad and asked if someone could celebrate with her instead and they community came together and threw a big party with her in just a few hours. This restored my faith in humanity. Not everyone horrible on the internet.

When did something related to the internet last make you upset, afraid or angry?

There is too many to pick from. Just in general people who do no fact-checking. Anti-vaxxers, people who just claim things from hearsay and people who can not make a proper argument. Just anecdotes and slippery slopes in any post and thread.

name: Maija

1 Like

Hello Maija,

great to have you here! We got interrupted at the Internetdaganar when starting to discuss how to collaborate and connect people together. Would be great to pick that discussion back up here :)!