Invitation: A CliFi writing competition run by Grist Magazine I Deadline April

Hey everyone, I recieved the following invitation. Posting it here in case anyone is interested…

"Hi, Nadia,

I hope you’re keeping well in the new year!

My name is Galia Binder and I’m the project manager for a new short story contest that Fix, the solutions lab of award-winning environmental newsroom Grist, is launching.

We’re eager to get the word out to writers far and wide. We’re hoping you’ll consider sharing the opportunity with your community! Submissions close on April 12.

Our (free entry, international) contest is called Imagine 2200: Climate fiction for future ancestors. We’re looking for short stories (3,000–5,000 words) that explore what a just, regenerative future could truly look like. The top three prize winners will receive $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000, in that order, and nine additional finalists will each receive a $300 honorarium, plus publication in our digital collection this summer.

Below you can find more background on the contest, plus a link to our Submittable portal, and a media kit. If you’re interested in getting regular updates about Imagine 2200, let me know and I’ll be sure to add you to our community newsletter list.

With gratitude,

Galia Binder

Imagine 2200 project manager, Fix "

1 Like

This comp popped up in other circles, too. Was planning to send in a story. Reckon it might be better done with Witness as the base?

2 Likes

You tell me.

Should we flag it, in case others also want to set the stories in Witness?

1 Like

Challenge accepted. And yes, let’s flag it. The more the merrier.

2 Likes

If I were a contributor from the storytelling side, for me a proper short story would make a huge difference right off the bat.

1 Like

Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

1 Like

Will do!

@yudhanjaya, did you finally write that story? Can I read it? :slight_smile:

Not yet, @alberto. I have research deadlines and the edits on a novel to finish this month. Will only be able to pick this up in the week of April. I’ll definitely ping you if/when I have something.