Invitation to workshop in Ljubljana: Surveillance Override

Greetings from Ljubljana!

As part of the upcoming conference series Tactics & Practice #7: Critical Engineering, Aksioma will be hosting a 1-day workshop in Ljubljana with Joana Moll and Sarah Grant on the topic of Surveillance Override.
Joana and Sarah will help participants to connect the dots between psychological warfare, propaganda, surveillance, the internet, data and algorithms.

You’re invited to come learn the basic building blocks of computer networking, command line interface and WiFi communication including how to self-host your own web servers, file servers and personal wireless networks.

The conference (featuring members of the Critical Engineering Working Group) and workshop will be in English and are both free of charge.

What: Surveillance Override Workshop
Who: Joana Moll (ES) and Sarah Grant (US/DE)
When: 27 March 2019, 9:00–18:00
Where: Kino Šiška, Ljubljana, Slovenia
How to attend: Application required by 20 March 2019 at the link below
Space is limited to 12 participants
https://aksioma.org/critical.engineering/index.html

The workshop, conference and exhibition are co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.

2 Likes

@nadia @hugi

This is really interesting, and I would love to keep in touch and see if we could develop something together in the future @ingster. Unfortunately this particular workshop was on too short notice for me. Let’s keep in touch!

1 Like

@marina anyone you know?

I’ll promise to give more advanced notice next time, @hugi

As I mentioned, the workshop is part of the conference we’re having with members of the Critical Engineering Working Group. The talks will take place on 26 March and they will also be made available online shortly after, so you can at least watch the videos.

In the meantime, you can check out past talks on our Vimeo channel.

Cheers!

1 Like

Transferring the invitation to some colleagues from the University of Ljubljana

1 Like

thanks a lot!

1 Like