Italian-speaking unMonasterian (-ish) wanted for conference in Florence

I have been asked to speak at a conference in Florence on November 13th. I can’t go, but they would be willing to replace me with somebody from Edgeryders/unMonastery that can make a case for smart communities (as opposed to vendor-driven smart cities à la Carlo Ratti/MIT/IBM/Cisco) in the Italian language.

Does anybody want to go? They’ll fund your travel to Florence. Find below an excerpt from the program (provisional) and shout out if you are interested.

1. Concept

Il concetto di Smart City prevede tre dimensioni:

• la città intelligente;

• la città inclusiva;

• la città sostenibili.

Questi tre criteri, che ricalcano i fondamenti del programma Europa2020,

aprono a dimensioni tecnologiche, di servizio, infrastrutturali, ambientali, sociali

ed economiche collegate in forma sistemica o, meglio ancora, eco-sistemica.

L’aspetto tecnologico tende spesso a prevalere nel dibattito pubblico,

rischiando così di passare da strumento ad obiettivo. D’altra parte, non sono

ormai poche le esperienze nazionali e internazionali, pubbliche e private, che

appropriatesi del concetto di Smart City hanno sviluppato progetti, prodotti e

iniziative di sistema.

Che ruolo ha dunque la comunità territoriale nel dar vita alla Smart City? E’ una

comunità di “utenti” dei nuovi piattaforme, prodotti e servizi, o è un attore

consapevole, creatrice essa stessa di innovazione?

Ne discutiamo con:

• Fabrizio Sestini, Unione Europea;

• Gloria Piaggio, Comune di Genova e Associazione Genova Smart City;

• Cristina Tajani, Assessore al Lavoro Comune di Milano;

• ……, COOP Lombardia;

• Alberto Cottica, Wikicrazia;

florence

i can go

Gaia

I’ve forwarded this to Gaia, I think she’d be great given EdgeRyders, unMonastery, Italian and her work with Social Mirror at the RSA. http://www.thersa.org/action-research-centre/community-and-public-services/connected-communities/social-mirror

Gaia, then Fabio

Thanks to both [invisigot] and [La_Gaia] for volunteering! Gaia has been with the unMonastery since the very start, and is probably a better match at this stage. Fabio is also a strong candidate, and will be stronger still once he has spent some time with the group – hopefully at LOTE3. I have put in touch the Florence guy with Gaia, let’s see how it goes.