صناعة الخشب من جريد النخل جذور - jozour

Available in: :gb: English / :ar: Arabic

:gb: English version

In our project “Jozour”- roots in arabic- we manufacture wood from Palm midribs .Palm midribs material is used in making of "vegetable cages -boxes " and a very small percentage is used in making chairs and tables but in a very small scale as there is a very limited demand on that now.

The vision of our project is based on 4 main goals - 4 tracks- .Then environmental goal is to reduce wasting this resource-Palm midribs- to reduce the environmental damages .Economically this alternative wood industry would reduce the amount of wood import in Egypt which is for now 4 Billion Egyptian pounds .Also this would help socially in reducing poverty and unemployment by providing job opportunities

The 4th track is the “low” technology track which we aim to achieve with it the most sustainable scenario for the project

##:ar: Arabic version

مشروعنا فى “جذوز” يهتم بتصنيع الخشب من جريد النخل.جريد النخل هى مادة متوفرة بكثرة مثلها مثل باقى المخلفات الزراعية التى قلما يتم استخدامها على الوجه الأمثل حيث ان فى الجريد مثلا يتم حرق نحو 90% من الجريد و يتم استخدام المتبقى فى صناعة أقفاص الخضار و العيش كما يوجد صناعة الكراسى و الترابيزات و لكن على نطاق ضيق نظرا لضعف الطلب عليها.

رؤية المشروع ترتكز على أربعة أهداف فى أربع مجالات.فهدف المشروع بيئيا الحد من اهدار مورد كجريد النخل مما سيؤدى الى عدم الاضرار بالبيئة…اقتصاديا ستتولد صناعة اخشاب بديلة عن ما نستوردة من خشب فى مصر و هو يعادل 4 مليار جنيه سنويا…ايضا يهدف المشروع اجتماعيا للحد من الفقرو البطالة بتوفير فرص عمل للشباب

يبقى عامل التكنولوجيا (البسيطة) و هو الهدف الرابع أو الركيزة الرابعة للمشروع التى نحلم بها لتحقيق أقصى استدامة ممكنة للمشروع

3 Likes

Let us make something pretty out of it :slight_smile:

Hey @abdo! It was great meeting you! So what’s your progress now? We would be interested in incorporating this material in our designs. Can we come and see the material and have an overview about how it’s made and how we can use it? Where are you located?

2 Likes

I think u should

both of ur projects really fit together :slight_smile:

I am looking forward to c ur further collaboration , hopefully sooner or later it would happen

first of all i apology for that latency in replying …as for now its something about the length (constrained to 30 cm) and the quality of our product (below average) and we have got a track (line) for some products (simple-essential) that we are working on their designs and any help in that would be really appreciated …for checking on with us we are located now in small workshop in “Hassan El-Maamon” the street which Al-Ahly club is located in Madinet Nasr

can u tell us more

@Abdo nice to c u on the platform .

can u tell us more about the low/high tech part in the project  . Also as far as I know that u face alot of non stop obstacles :slight_smile: in this project , can u may be say something about that so people in the edgeryders community can get engaged in the discussion

so far we aren’t using that kinda high tech that u can call it so…its just a simple push of the midrib getting on its way a set of tools (knifes) that make the shape that you want to get and viola you got what you want (ex:rectangular shape) a stick that you could deal with.

and i should tell you this also we are insisting on this “primitive Engineering” or what so called… cause solving problems has nothing to do with that excessive high tech that had been used around for everything around…and we don’t think that’s the right thing.

obstacles in doing that kinda wood way I’m doing is to get longer stroke (to get longer final product) as i’m getting for now only 30cm which is nothing as a length in woodworking…

also its about quality and getting an accepted quality surface finish without that much of machining and processing as for now the product coming out of the machine need excessive process (ex:sanding) to get evened and could b easily dealt with in woodworking.

thnx for the clarification

thnx for this info

i think also this "primitive engineering " is a good way to go to .so that when it’s finished u can implement it in different places in Egypt

just a technical question … I am translating the article to , but I am not sure what is جريد النخل in English , google told me Palm fronds but I don’t trust this guy :slight_smile: is it right ?

i’m having it from prof.Hamed Ibrahim El-Mously and he is the who assigned it as “midribs”.

thnx -

then palm “midribs” it is

I would like to visit

Hi @abdo! Sounds very interesting! I would like to come visit and take a look, maybe my design experience can be of help to you. I called you btw bs you are not answering, so when will you be at the workshop? Is tom. morning, Tuesday 6th, possible?

thanks for the insisting on coming to our humble workshop …it have been great meeting you…hope you enjoyed it too

it have been great sharing and knowing that there is also some others guys www.reformstudio.net that they try to live their dream

looking for the cooperating soon :slight_smile:

Hey @abdo,
Is it possible to grind it into fine pieces and then compress it together like الخشب الجبيبي or الأبلاكش؟