Let's find open source tools for everything in life (featuring EarthOS)

Open source, applied to both software and physical tech, is a great way for appropriate tech to solve problems in our societies: it’s low-cost, do-it-yourself, sustainable, and free to hack, modify, and share away.

There is an open source solution for nearly everything, but they’re often quite hidden so we simply don’t know about them. So let’s gather and exchange our open tech knowledge in a fast-paced Q&A format. (From my side I’ll bring the EarthOS, a 900+ page reference of open tech that I wrote.)

So we will have plenty of input; yet everyone is encouraged to mention their own favourite open tech solutions, for all of us to learn from … and for inclusion in the next release of EarthOS, because that’s how I develop it: learning about a new open thing every day :slight_smile:

In the session, you can ask a question to get tips for a specific open tool (say, open design water purification tech). Others can answer and quickly showcase the answers from a website (notebook and screen provided). Be sure to bring something to take notes, or rely on the protocol and browser history shared lateron.

Date: 2014-06-23 20:00:00 - 2014-06-26 20:00:00, Asia/Tbilisi Time.

1 Like

Did you see this article in the Guardian this morning?

On the Guardian: The open source revolution is coming and it will conquer the 1% - ex CIA spy. Sounds like someone in @Vinay Gupta's crowd. Legit?