[Lote4 ticket] Design the Lote4 conference ticket

16 Edgeryders already ordered their ticket on Makerfox and more have claimed or started to perform tasks in the Lote4 teams to earn the ticket. The deal is: you complete enough tasks, Makerfox transfers the amount in your account and the deal is made - followed by you getting your ticket on email. This means we need to agree on a digital version of it that people can print and bring along.

@Matthias once mentioned we could generate a unique code for each piece that we can scan?

It doesn’t have to do with security or being allowed entrance at the event, but could we play a little with the idea of a (secret) club?

• Should the ticket be an actual ticket, that you show and then throw away/not use anymore?
  • What if we used the opportunity to create something that those joining at Lote4 could use later after? Perhaps a digital "business card" which they will then be able to display elsewhere online? 
  • Maybe a skill badge, to show competence gained and recognised by Edgeryders? ? "Edgeryders storyteller", "Edgeryders online engager", "Designer for the Edge" etc.. 

We’d then need templates for each card/badge which we would fill in with the person’s name and then email them as the “ticket”. Just brainstorming, … can we come up with such an idea where we use this opportunity to make a step further to acknowledge each other’s work?

• Value of task: 100% of the \#lote4 ticket

Get your Lote4 ticket

1. By completing this task : leave a comment below saying you want to take this on, then come back and upload your designs.

2. Go to MakerFox.com and register there with the same username as the one you have here on Edgeryders. Now go ahead and order your Lote4 ticket.

3. Wait to receive your ticket! Community members at Edgeryders will check how many tasks you’ve performed and it they add up to the value of a ticket, they’ll make sure to send it to you.

New designs in

So we have another set of designs we can use, courtesy of @Ola, and some of them are icons which may be suited for badges.

Check full repository

This task is a urgent, so I’m putting it in as a barter so whoever completes it earns a conference ticket. Belongs to the Communications team.

Something like this?

Something like this?

Turn off the beam?

@Ola I am no designer and don’t want to impose but… what about turning off the “beam” coming out of the telescope? The whole think looks like a policeman’s truncheon, or a caveman’s club. Additional advantages: one fewer graphic elements, cleaner look; and more freedom in locating and sizing the LOTE4 text.

@Alberto "Don’t want to

@alberto “Don’t want to impose but…” :slight_smile:

The design has already been talked about and decided elsewhere. Don’t believe in turning it off. There is freedom in how to use the logo. The text can be use free standing as well. Loads of elements and ways for designers to use them in different ways. Check the link Noemi attached.

Noted.

The link is to a Dropbox folder. Hopefully the content will eventually get on Edgeryders, or some other free-and-open resource. Anyway, noted.

If someone want to use the design elements and do a remix feel free. The Illustrator file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6lt24t4d02268f/LOTE%20ticket.ai?dl=0

badges

Thanks @ola

but I can’t find the folder on Dropbox , so I am not sure but do we have Icons/badges  for every team to put on the ticket  to a bit personalize the tickets .

if not I think there was some old edgeryders icons/badges we can work on @noemi ?

Badges

I think it depends on using them again or showing them at the conference: which I am up for doing - print everything out as nametags. I wouldn’t want to impose on Ola, and we’re stretched quite thin… his icons look great and they’re part of the story : the sailing and harbour metaphor. see them above?

Help me assign one to each team with a key words referring to that team’s skills?

Example: the rope could be “Lead communicator”, “Community builder”, “Social media manager” etc…

Thanks Ola!

I like it, so essentially we’d have a name filled in in the middle and ticket no.

Let’s also have @Natalia Skoczylas (conference director) OK it, now that she’s back!

Thank you so much!

sorry to be so late, but I ok it;) @Ola, please send me your makerfox account name, so I can make a transfer of 1000 bucks. I hope to have you engagement until the conference;)

Done

:slight_smile: