LOTE5 KICK OFF | FuckUp Nights Brussels - Living On The Edge Edition

Living On The Edge 5 will kick off with a special edition of FuckUp Nights Brussels!

This means: three/four speakers will share the FuckUp Story of their biggest professional failure in 7 minutes. We, the audience, share their laughs and tears, ask questions and sit back with beers.

We end the night with a concert from the ever-anti-fabulous Nele Needs A Holiday, known from her great hits such as Give Up The Dream And Get Pregnant and I Love You, But I Google Other People.

WHAT THIS ALSO MEANS:

1. Call for FuckUp Bios just got serious. If you have an interesting experience of professional experience to share, please contact me or @ireinga. We’ll help you prepare your talk and be at your public speaking coaching service if desired.

2. Make sure to be in Brussels on the 25th of February already for you do not want to miss this glorious FuckUp Kick Off of LOTE!!

Date: 2016-02-25 19:30:00 - 2016-02-25 19:30:00, Europe/Paris Time.

1 Like

Speech proposal - Fucking up in PR

Hi there,

I work as a PR professional and I would like to share with you my biggest professional failure, seen by hundreds of thousands of people, because, as you might imagine, when working in PR everybody gets to see when you screw up. A whole month of shame, laughts and a high dose of unexpected, this is how I`d describe it.  In the end, I will share with you how I managed to change the optics from a failure to a success. There is this art of the PR people who always manage to present you a story from the right angle, so that you see the story through their eyes, in a positive light :slight_smile: A story about perspectives and raising money for a good cause.

The main points of the discussion:

• How to screw up even if you have all the resources for a good PR campaign

• What NOT to do when organizing a Crowdfunding campaign

• Key lessons from organizing a Crowdfunding campaign

• How to change optics and present the results in a positive way, keeping it honest and transparent

A few details about me: I am the Communication Manager for “Let`s Do It, Romania!”, the biggest social movement in Romania, who managed to involve more than 1 milion people in 4 National Cleanup Days. I am also a PR freelancer and a trainer, on topics such as Personal Branding, Life Hacking and Personal Development.

Looking forwards to meeting all of you!

Looking up.

@KiraVde so you have two offers so far: @PhoebsAnca (see comment above) and @Merel. Do you need more help to find your stars?

I can’t really ping other potential candidates here because you primed us to think about professional failures, so saying “hey this could be for you” could be misinterpreted LOL.

#theperksofcommunitymanagement

I want to come

I would also be tempted to give a talk, but realistically I cannot sustain it, what with all the moving parts of LOTE5… shame, it would have been a nice example of dogfooding.

Fucking up in marketing & entrepreneurship

Hi everyone,

I would also like to share my professional stories and fuck ups. Basically, I came back to Romania 3 years ago, after initially taking the path of an international career. I came back to Romania with the motivation to build my own business & also become rich. I really didn’t know that much about what I wanted to do & didn’t know where to start from. During this time I continued working as a full time professional, without really putting to much effort into that either.

My desired topic for the Failure evening is to talk about failure in correlation to the fear of failure & how does caution, in general, pull you further from your success story and covers you in failure feelings.

Looking further to share it& laugh about the struggles of an insecure & undecided young lady in her way to success :slight_smile:

Too late or not too late?

@diana_dan as far as I’ve seen @KiraVde & @Irene already have a lineup: FuckUp Nights Brussels: On The Edge Tickets, Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 8:30 PM | Eventbrite

Anyway, they know better the situation, just wanted to make sure your offer doesn’t stay unnnoticed. See you soon!

Too late indeed

Diana and I have been in touch via email, I explained that the line-up is full. Luckily Romania will be well represented though :slight_smile: