Love for Lifelong Learning (L4LL)

We are here for helping you to regain our natural curiosity and reignite your love for lifelong learning.

Love for Lifelong Learning (L4LL) is the peer to peer platform for:

• Democratizing smart modern ways of learning and speaking.
  • Enabling people to be resilient and relevant, under all circumstances.
  • Moving from ‘should’ learning to ‘loving’ learning.
  • Fostering wisdom and collective intelligence.

We are focused on guiding people to take control of their own lives and learning.

Why

Top-down teaching via traditional institutions (including our upbringing) is not providing the knowledge and wisdom we urgently need to thrive now and in the future.

“The toolbox for life & work, which we did receive from parents, school, education and training, is inadequate and incomplete!”

Values

Love

Enjoyment

Meaningful

Uniqueness

Inclusive

Long-term

The Basics

Growth Mindset

Curious

Inspiration

Learning

Enthusiasm

Sharing

What is it all about

We need to continuously educate ourselves and learn from peers. The network is our lifelong personal support/mentor and the

learning platform.

Benefits

• Demand-driven learning (instead of supply-driven)
  • Faster learning (than via traditional institutions and courses)
  • Cheaper (than via traditional institutions and courses)
  • Group learning provides safety, accountability and easier commitment (than via individual learning)

Are you…?

Curious

Committed to learning

Compassionate

Actively contributing

Willingness to be vulnerable

Evolving with an explorer mindset

Let’s chat…?

Discuss with us @ExploreL4LL, join the L4LL community!

Curiosity Circles ~ Not Knowing Circles ~ Explorer Circles

Hangouts

Skype (ping us @ExploreL4LL or send us an email at love4lifelonglearning@gmail.com)

Hi Rotana and Arnold, welcome to our home on the internets. So it looks to me as though your project is very similar to what several people in the community have been saying we could use more of. The closest we have gotten are the community calls, which are much appreciated and require people to step forward to initiate, facilitate and run them on a regular basis. I think a format we have also discussed are intimate dinners as a good format for this kind of process.

What do you think? How could we collaborate around these two or other options?

Thank you

Hi Nadia,

Belated thanks for the welcoming. Much appreciated!

“So it looks to me as though your project is very similar to what several people in the community have been saying we could use more of. The closest we have gotten are the community calls, which are much appreciated and require people to step forward to initiate, facilitate and run them on a regular basis.”

This format that you are doing might be similar to what our L4LL team names ‘Not Knowing Circles’.

“I think a format we have also discussed are intimate dinners as a good format for this kind of process.”

This format might require some coordination i.e. time, resource and people who are keen and able to do so. With the ‘Curiosity Circles’ that we are introducing, the format is inviting. Just bring your own friends in a private living room with a host and a speaker for speaking, sharing knowledge, learning and discussing together.

The Curiosity Circle starts at 8pm and finishes at 9.15pm. The agenda is: Talk (20 min); Structured discussion (25 min); Conclusion (10 min); Choosing next topic & speaker (5 min). That is all.

Would it be possible to do so with ‘intimate dinners’?

The L4LL team.

Welcome from me too!

Hi guys, lovely to read you. One can never know too much about event formats and methodologies, and the unlearning philosophy is something I am trying to teach myself in my private life. Unfortunately it is very difficult, especially when it comes to unlearning habits or practices, or what you would think are proper reactions to daily situations.

If you feel like, the Thursday’s community calls are open to experimenting with new topics or methods, so you even host a Not Knowing Circle for Edgeryders. Since some of us can’t afford to pay for those in cash, maybe the MakerFox can offer a good barter deal for you?

Thank you

Hi Noemi, thank you. Sorry for our belated reply.

“One can never know too much about event formats and methodologies, and the unlearning philosophy is something I am trying to teach myself in my private life. Unfortunately it is very difficult, especially when it comes to unlearning habits or practices, or what you would think are proper reactions to daily situations.”

Sure. We can enable the emergence of conditions for helping people to learn, discuss, tinker together, and also adapt to what people want.

“If you feel like, the Thursday’s community calls are open to experimenting with new topics or methods, so you even host a Not Knowing Circle for Edgeryders. Since some of us can’t afford to pay for those in cash, maybe the MakerFox can offer a good barter deal for you?”

Thank you for the invitation. This week and in the next weeks of May, your Thursday’s community calls are not timely for us as we have weekly team calls. We will get back to you and your ideas for a possible facilitation of a Not Knowing Circle for Edgeryders when time allows.

Kind regards,

The L4LL team.

Not Knowing…

I can definitely relate to that smiley. Welcome from me too!

A Skype or Hangout conversation next week

Hi all!

“I can definitely relate to that smiley. Welcome from me too!”

Thank you, Alberto! We are looking forward to hearing more on how you relate to that. Much appreciated your welcoming message!

We, Arnold & Rotana, will be glad to have a conversation over Skype or Hangout next week on possible collaboration with the 3 of you. How about a call on Monday 4/5? We can make it too on Tuesday 5/5 PM or Wednesday 6/5 PM CET time. What is more convenient for you, Nadia, Noemi and Alberto?

Gladly, but why not community calls?

Hi,

Well, that’s the thing with written communication, it’s just more thoughtful of people’s different times and anyone can engage in their own terms. The max we do is 1 weekly community event, because otherwise it’s unsustainable when it comes to Edgeryders. Of course, if there’s something really specific that you have in mind or if it has to do with ER the company, than Tuesday would be good for me, but I doubt we’ll all sync, or that all of us are needed… and here’s me volunteering. hope it works :slight_smile:

Noemi