Masters of Networks 5: networks of meaning

Moved some posts from this announcement post here to clean it up before moving it to the public forum:

@hugi want to co-coordinate with me?

Yup, can do!

1 Like

minisite:
https://edgeryders-start.netlify.app/project/research/15608

Logos:

1 Like

@bojanbobic, as mentioned in our previous conversation I would like to ask you to take over the reminder emails with the links for Gather for the Master of network events as I will be on leave at that point.

I will also set up calendar reminders for you for this.

What needs to be done:

On the 21st of April (1 week before the event) and on the 28th of April 9:00 CET (1h before the event) please sent a link with a reminder for the Hackathon, the Agenda (as can be found in the top post here) and a link to the Gather room (Guy Melançon will set up the gatheroom on their university account. Needs coordination!) to everyone who has signed up.

Poeple sign up via the tell form, or direct comment on the event thread, therefore you get the email by going here:
https://edgeryders.eu/g/moderators/reports/30

and inputting the id of the event thread: Masters of Networks 5: A Networks of Meaning - Hackathon (which is the last number in the link: 15572)

Any questions regarding this?

Thank you very much!

@melancon, we are under the impression that you will set up the Gather room.

Let’s coordinate on this:

Can you send us the link by the 20th of April, so we can include it in the reminder emails for the participants from that point?

Thank you very much!

Hi @MariaEuler,
sorry for replying so late. I believe you were under the impression that my institute has a gather.town license, which is not the case … The free version has a number of limitations. I am unsure how much we want to use all the goodies the paid version offers (being able to set up an “environment” with various offices, etc.). The free version can accommodate up to 25 users. Would that be sufficient? How many participant are you expecting?

That is quite possibly sufficiant. How.many people are joining from your team?
People signing up otherwise we can count here in the thread.

Probably mainly depends on how many students DLab will bring.

@kristof_gyodi, @mpalinski how many of you/your students will join the Master of Networks?

We have asked them to sign up in the next days - we will know the exact numbers next Monday. The group is around 15 students, difficult to tell how many will sign up.

Is there already a satisfactory number of participants? We can give a push via our channels to reach more students if helpful

this would be a question for @alberto maybe?

@melancon, depending on how many students join the unpaid version might not be sufficiant.

@kristof_gyodi it’s not so much about numbers, but about quality of participation. The goal is not to have great outreach numbers, but to have good projects come out of it. I would give it a push explaining clearly what this is, and in what it differs from other datasci events. It is what I am doing on Twitter.

Another thing I would do is think about specific people that you think would give a nice contribution, and then contact them one-on-one. This might be worth the effort!

https://twitter.com/alberto_cottica/status/1381544140656218118

We default to Zoom. I already changed the text in the website. @johncoate is aware of this, as is @melancon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! @johncoate and @bojanbobic, con you coordinate on how and when to inform the participants and send out those links?

1 Like

Yes. I have studied the process and can handle it, as I am sure can Bojan.

2 Likes

Of course! More because the times are so inconvienient for your timezone :slight_smile:

No worries, I will coordinate with @johncoate to make it smoothly

2 Likes

@alberto @johncoate @melancon Do we already have a Zoom link for this event? Or should we make one?