Meetings and not-so-interesting (practical) issues

Dear @Lee ,

of course! Malcolm has already been preparing for a discussion on ecological aspects of The Reef, but I guess he’ll be just as happy to hold on with that until January.

1 Like

Dear @reeflings,

Having given some further thought to next week’s meeting I would like to propose to cancel it altogether. The reason is that there is something rather fundamental that unsettles me a bit. Postponing the meeting has the advantage that it gives me a bit more time to read up and consult with some people with more experience, and also that we would see each other in person.

Would that be ok with you? If yes, I’d be happy to invite you at my place on Thursday 6 January, say at 7 pm?

1 Like

Dear @Lee and hello @reeflings,

@Malcolm and I are fine with cancelling next week’s online meeting and happy to come to your place on 6th Jan.

We feel a bit on tenterhooks though with you just saying there is sth ‘fundamental’ without knowing which domain it relates to.

A good break to you all!

Sabine

1 Like

Hi @Sabine_B_Frank,

There is no reason to worry really, and apologies if I made you feel uncomfortable. I was feeling a bit at unease with the way we were doing things, and I would like to have a short discussion about that. Not in an accusatory way, but rather proposing an alternative.

The Samenhuizen course on governance and decision-making helped in seeing things more clearly. Based on that and a couple of other books I read I am now working on a proposal for the Reef’s governance, which should hopefully solve a couple of the issues I was struggling with. I’ll happily share the document as soon as it is somewhat stable.

Other than that I also found a lot of inspiration in a book called “The Empowerment Manual” by Starhawk. It’s a book based on a woman’s experiences in all sorts of collaborative groups, including everything that can go wrong. The case example to illustrate a couple of issues is a cohousing. I haven’t finished it yet, but so far I find the book offers a lot of inspiration together with a good analysis of some key concepts such as power, responsibility, communication, learning, trust, leadership etc. I left a digital copy in the “books” folder on the Nextcloud, so if you are feeling inspired during the Christmas break, I can only recommend the book.

Hello Everyone! We are ok with cancelling the meeting online this week. We look forward to continue the discussion on the 6th. thank you for sharing !

1 Like

Dear @reeflings

Sabine has just shown me how to upload a document to the Reef’s Google Drive: it’s a discussion document on Sustainability and co-housing.

I invite you to read it ahead of our meeting on Thursday. I have a Powerpoint ready too, but all this can wait if Lie needs Thursday’s meeting for her agenda item.

Happy New Year!

Malcolm

1 Like

Thanks @Malcolm. I have done a pass on your document, good work. I wonder, should it not be on the platform for discussion?

thank you! very interesting reflections

thank you alberto, does somebody has the link to download a copy of the empowerement manual? thank o

@manuelpueyo: it used to be on the Nextcloud, so in the absence of that I uploaded it to the Google Drive. Enjoy the read!

1 Like

Hello @reeflings,

For the meeting this Thursday my proposal would be that I’ll prepare a quick presentation on the documents that I am drafting together with a new proposal on the so-called “Roadmap”. Would that work?
Cheers,

Lie.

1 Like

Yes, for me it does.

That’s fine with us! Thanks, @Lee

Hello @reeflings,

A couple of quick points on meetings:

• 21/02: Alberto can’t make it and I got behind on schedule due to covid, so I would propose to cancel this meeting
  • 28/02: to replace the meeting of 21/02, would you be available on 28/02 for a physical meeting?
  • 08/03: this only comes one week after the previous meeting, but in view of the ambition to publish the website by mid-March I think it would be good to keep this date penciled in.

Regarding the documents the plan would be that you’ll receive a copy of the brochure (+/- 20 pages) on Wedndesday 16/02 (if all goes well). If possible I would then need all essential questions and comments by Monday 21/02 (though no big deal if that wouldn’t work out).

Does that work for everybody?

1 Like

Hello @Lee (hello @reeflings ),

We are fine with postponing the next meeting to 28/02 and with keeping the one on 08/02. However, I cannot comment on your document by 21/02. The earliest I could do it is by 23/02, but possibly only by 26/02.

Looking forward to reading the document. Best wishes to you all, Sabine

1 Like

Hi @Sabine_B_Frank,

It will be impossible for me to have something meaningful to say about your comments at the meeting on 28/02 if I only get them on 26/02, but if that’s the only way, then we’ll surely find a way to deal with that.

Cheers!

Hello dear @reeflings,

For yesterday’s meeting: I changed the deadlines and the responsibilities as agreed in the Powerpoint presentation, which is saved on the Google Drive.

For next week’s meeting: I have created a skeleton Powerpoint where presenters (@alberto and @manuelpueyo in particular) can insert any slides should they want to.

To make it an efficient meeting I think it would be great if people will already have read the documents for discussion. @alberto and @manuelpueyo would you have an indication of when you will be able to share your drafts?

Hello dear @reeflings,
I just wanted to flag that Manuel has included a link to his proposal for the communication plan in the Powperpoint for tomorrow’s meeting.
Given that this is one of the most urgent things right now, may I suggest that you focus your efforts first on this before anything else?
Cheers!

Hello dear @reeflings,
Just a quick ping to let you know that the draft minutes of yesterday’s meeting are in the usual place.