Meetings and not-so-interesting (practical) issues

Now that it looks like we are going to be meeting up more often and make this project work, I figured it might be good to separate out exchanges on less interesting issues (e.g. when are we meeting up next?) from the more informative ones. Therefore I’m taking the liberty to start a new thread here on the more practical stuff.
So following up on the latest message, thanks a lot @Sabine_B_Frank and @Malcolm for the invitation! @alberto and I are available on 9 and 10 June. After that Alberto will be out of the country for a while, back in the first week of July.
Looping in @manuelpueyo and @porcarorama to complete the gang!

1 Like

@Sabine_B_Frank and all, could it be the 9th itself, or 10th, like @Lee says?

Hello @alberto, @lee, @manuel, @porcarorama and Ugne,

nice discipline to sort our exchanges into different strands! I confirm that @Malcolm and I are happy to host you for dinner on Wed 9th June. Let’s say 19h. ADDRESS REDACTED.

It’ll be a simple and sound ‘family meal’. Please let us know if you are vegan, vegetarian or have particular things you don’t/can’t eat.

Best, Sabine

2 Likes

Hello everyone!!!

Sorry for the silence, I am in for the dinner on 9 June!

Firstly, thanks so much Alberto for adding me, and I believe Manuel has posted the recording of an interview he did with me last week, where I spoke a bit about what I think and how I see a co-housing project.

I look forward meeting in person because it will be much better to exchange and get to know for those that I have not met yet :slight_smile:

Sabine, let me know what I can bring (and only food issue I have is with cheese, which I don’t eat - but milk or cream or mozzarella are ok).

Looking forward!!!
cheers
g

2 Likes

thank you @lee @Sabine_B_Frank one of us will join (probably me) :grinning: and debrief. timing is bad for ada who goes to bed at that time. it might get complicated. :baby:

Hi Manuel,

Sorry Ugne can’t come!

Anything you don’t eat?

Enjoy the reappearance of spring!

Sabine

Hello Giuseppe,

Leaving the cheese out shouldn’t be too hard!

See you soon,

Sabine

Hi @alberto,

I’m still lacking info from you on any dietary restrictions.

Thanks, Sabine

Wow, @Sabine_B_Frank, @Malcolm, @manuelpueyo, @porcarorama… it appears we made a bit of a mess. I was out yesterday, and left the phone at home. Upon returning at midnight, I saw Giuseppe’s message, panicked, checked my calendar, and confirmed that the Reef dinner was tonight:

But that was wrong, obviously. Looked into the thread, and saw that the 9-10th choice had indeed been resolved in favor of the 9th. @Lee had the same problem, because that is on our shared calendar! In fact, just yesterday we decided how to get to the dinner, what to bring etc.

I am so sorry for this mess, I had been looking forward to it! This is totally our fault for pinning down the wrong date on the calendar. What can we do for you to forgive us? @Sabine_B_Frank, what about we drop at your place to drop the small contribution we planned to the dinner, and say hi?

(There is also a more substantial problem: Lie had talked to Cohousing Projects, and she has a substantial update. We will find a way for that).

@reeflings

Hi Alberto,

apologies accepted! Now I feel bad for not having sent out a reminder yesterday morning as I had at some point intended.

Well, we had a nice evening, the four of us, but we did miss you and Lie!

Malcolm and I are unfortunately not free tonight, so please just enjoy your dinner contribution yourself. And then let’s see about a next meeting and/or a further exchange on Edgeryders.

Go well,

Sabine

Hi @Sabine_B_Frank,

Apologies also on my behalf. It was just a calendar glitch (my fault), but I feel very sorry.

Alberto and I don’t have a lot of plans on Saturday and Sunday. Would there be a good moment for us to just drop by and bring you the cookies?

Cheers,

Lie.

1 Like

Hello Lie,

mistakes happen! Very nice that you and @alberto still want to come by. Tomorrow (Saturday 12th June!) about 17h would suit @Malcolm and me. Sunday afternoon after 15h would work too.

Have a nice day,

Sabine

Hi @Sabine_B_Frank,

We’ll drop by on Saturday at about 17:00 then.

Cheers,

Lie & Alberto

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

Hello dear @reeflings,

Following up to our latest exchanges I have contacted the people from De Okelaar co-housing. They are kindly offering us a tour during their bi-weekly chores day, the first of which takes place this Saturday.

So the plan would be to go this Saturday 3 July around 14:00 with those who are available, and possibly another day with those who can’t make it this time but would still like to go.

I noted @Sabine_B_Frank and @Malcolm would like to join and that Alberto can’t make it. How about @manuelpueyo and @porcarorama?

I myself can’t cycle for the moment, so I will be going by bus, getting on at Rogier. Anybody up to join me? It’s promising to be a meandering ride (40 minutes), but maybe I could take the time to brief you about some interesting things I read about this co-housing? Otherwise we can of course also just meet over there.

Cheers,

Lie.

1 Like

I cannot make it, of course, but @Lee and I agreed we would go separately, maybe spend the night there.

Hello dear @reeflings,

Here’s a quick update: understandably the peeps in Okelaar and La Montagne find it difficult to plan so far ahead, so they asked me to get back to them around the beginning of September. Will keep you posted.

For the visit to Brutopia I created a Doodle poll here: Expired Group Poll - Create a New Poll or Contact the Owner

Grateful if you could fill this in as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Lie.

1 Like

Done! Thanks.

Hello dear @reeflings,

We have been talking about it for a while and then got stuck a little because of the summer break, but now we can finally get on with our explorations again.

Here’s the list of appointments:

• Thursday 7 October at 7:30 pm: visit to Brutopia
  • Saturday 9 October in the afternoon: visit to Okelaar
  • Thursday 14 October in the evening (TBC): online meeting with somebody from La Montagne

I hope that you can make it, if not we’ll certainly brief you.

For those who are interested there is also a webinar on co-housing organised by Triodos, on 12 October.

Cheers,

Lie.

1 Like

Great work! I confirm everything.