Membership: update

Welcome @Euleane , glad to see that everything is working on the IT side! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A big (belated) welcome to the platform to @Andrea_W !
Andrea has already met quite a few of us at the plenary and brunch recently.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome @Andrea_W !!

2 Likes

At the recent Full Members dinner, which also serves as the GA for the Reef’s ASBL, the applications to become an Associate Member were accepted for Justin & Susanne, @Angelika, @Andrea_W and @Euleane. Wonderful to have you all with us at this stage of the project :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for accepting me :blush:!
Looking forward!!

This week is the deadline for applying for membership of The Reef. Before it even ended, we have already several applications:

We also have some applications of associate members for full membership (see. We will update the thread as we go).

Thanks everyone for considering The Reef, even if you decide not to continue. And to those who do continue, a warm welcome! The goal becomes closer with every new member.

5 Likes

Did you mean @RichardB and @MariaAM ? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Indeed, and @jorisvanmol and @Margot

And just came in: @JolanWuyts and @Nic too!

4 Likes

This week is the deadline for applying for membership of The Reef. Before it even ended, we have already several applications:

We also have some applications of associate members for full membership (see. We will update the thread as we go).

Thanks everyone for considering The Reef, even if you decide not to continue. And to those who do continue, a warm welcome! The goal becomes closer with every new member.

5 Likes

After two public presentations in April and the beginning of June, we are now opening up The Reef for new people to join, and we are very excited about that.

This thread has three purposes. It is meant …

1. … for “old” @reeflings to welcome new people who have joined us on this forum.
  2. … for newcomers to flag to Team IT that they have gone through all the onboarding steps.
  3. … for new Reeflings to post any questions that they may have (need help, need clarification etc).

That being said I’m gonna kickstart this thread by welcoming @matteomeschiari, @Sophie_Beese and @EmmanuelleVM who have already joined the conversation on the get-to-know-each-other workshop.

Welcome! We are impatient to get to know you better on Sunday!

3 Likes

And a warm welcome to @ChrisM and @ThomasMaertens too! See you tomorrow!

Hello new @reeflings!

There seems to be a problem with the hyperlinks in the Powerpoint that was sent by email, so here’s a quick recap:

• The availabilities file can be found on Nextcloud > Reef shared folder > Team Coordination > Availabilities during the summer break.
  • The Members Register can be found on Nextcloud > Reef shared folder > ASBL > Registry of members
  • The personal presentation fiches are gathered on Nextcloud > Reef shared folder > Recruitment and onboarding > Onboarding > Reeflings personal presentation fiches
  • Flagging that you have completed all steps can be done in this very thread.

On Nextcloud, the trick to find the Reef shared folder is to click on the “folder” icon on the top left. This allows you to browse all of The Reef’s folders and files.

If you would have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask them!

Screenshot Nextcloud shared folder

Done

2 Likes

Well done @KoenVanMeel! Also flagging @GiuSeb, whom I only just added to the Reeflings group and so is likely to have missed Lie’s welcome message.

1 Like

Hello @reeflings!

Welcome on board! I’d welcome you each individually but unfortunately I can’t see who has joined so far. Feel free to say hi as a quick reply!

Kind request: if you haven’t done so already, could you please do the following?

• Add you presentation fiche in the file with all the others (Recruitment and onboarding > Onboarding > Reeflings presentational fiches)
  • Add your details to the Members Register (ASBL > Registry of Members)

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Lee!
I have just done all the steps besides the ‘availability during summer’ one.
For some reasons I cannot edit the excel file online but just download it.

1 Like

@matteomeschiari, it’s a Nextcloud thingy. @alberto and/or @manuelpueyo will prepare a training and/or a manual to explain this kind of things in detail.

This is my non-expert understanding: for whatever reason (convenience, incompatibility) you can download a file, edit it and then upload it again. The selling proposition is that similtaneous edits (should there be any) will be merged automatically.

When you upload the file again, you’ll get a dialog box that looks like this:

Nextcloud download upload

(my screenshot is imperfect because I used an older file, but in practice the date of the “new file” should be after the date of the “already existing files”)

In that box you take the option on the left “New files” and that is that.

1 Like

Mmh, strange. With me, Nextcloud launches OnlyOffice, an open source Microsoft Office clone, and lets me edit online.

Yes to me too.
I managed with the other files to do it online.
But within this specific folder not.
Thanks in advance

Done the 3 I’ll be there monday ans can help of course

emmanuelle

1 Like