Membership: update

This is a very short post to update everybody on where we stand with people who would like to join The Reef or not.

Not joining The Reef

@KoenVanMeel and @Zoe and Anaël have decided not to join The Reef. It’s much to their regret, but they found that they are not able to dedicate enough time. Koen would still be interested though to purchase an inclusive unit should the possibility exist.

Follow up:

• If you want to say bye you can tag them in this post or you can send me an email and then I’ll forward it to them.
  • We will remove their access to Nextcloud and remove their data if there were any (personal fiche etc).
  • We will take them out of the Reeflings group here on Edgeryders. Should they want to they can of course still follow our debates here.
Requests to become an Associate Member

We have received a request to become an Associate Member from @Mas (Malaz), @Pieter and @ChrisM and @Sarah.

Follow-up:

• We need a transparent process on how the current Full Members will handle these requests. I need a bit more time to get this done, but it’s on my list. To get the process adopted we will this time strictly stick to the process set out in the Governance document (everybody can get heard but the decision will be for the current members only).
  • Once this is done will inform everybody and adjust the Members Registry.
1 Like

@KoenVanMeel, @Zoe, so sad to see you go! Hope we can still be in touch somehow.

And looking forward to approve the associate membership of @Mas, @Pieter, @ChrisM and @Sarah!

1 Like

Update: Jitske and Barbara have decided not to join The Reef, due to lack of time and also some disagreement with the process. The email explaining why is in the common mailbox.

@alberto: can somebody in Team IT delete their accounts on Nextcloud? Thanks!

1 Like

Done. Sad to see you go, @Barbara1 and Jitske,good luck! I see you were never added to the Reeflings group, so you should not receive unwanted notifications.

@reeflings:

For the sake of transparency, here’s a quick update on our membership. Sadly Emmanuelle, Alexandre and Marliese have decided not to join The Reef.

As to the why I don’t feel it is up to me to share this here. If no further news comes through (which is fine) I’ll clarify the essence of why they are not joining at the next plenary.

3 Likes

New update: Giulia and Liesbeth have also confirmed that they won’t be joining.

1 Like

Hello everyone, here is the reason for my departure from the beautiful project “the reef”. The main reason is that I had the opportunity this summer to get to know the area of Boitsfort better, where I have been living for less than a year, and I think I can find fulfilment in investing in life projects without the stress of owning a home. I also admit that it has not been easy to get involved and participate in the online meetings, in English, which requires a lot of energy. I wish you plenty of energy to achieve your dreams, good luck to all of you, you’re lovely people.
Friendly
Emmanuelle

5 Likes

Hello @reeflings,

Can you please join me in welcoming @VickyVanEyck by :heart: this post to the moon and back?

I met Vicky through the fast track recruitment process. She will also attend the presentation on the 24th of October and she will be in touch with @alberto about the functioning of Team Finance + Legal.

Welcome Vicky!

7 Likes

Yayyy! Welcome @VickyVanEyck, glad you would join. Also, super glad you are considering Team Finance – we could use the help. Ad maiora!

Welcome @VickyVanEyck !!

Looking forward to meeting you in the near future… :slight_smile:

Welcome Vicky ! looking forward to meet you :drum:

And we have three new Associate Members! Welcome @Celine_D, @ThomasMaertens and @Laurianne!

Sadly Matteo has let me know in a PM that he won’t be joining for now. He’ll be folllowing us on the Edgeryders forum and reassess the situation later on.

4 Likes

Welcome @Celine_D, @ThomasMaertens and @Laurianne ! So glad you are joining.

2 Likes

Welcome @VickyVanEyck ! Bit of a late reaction, but I hadn’t seen this post in the middle of all the other ones :slight_smile:

Yay! Glad to see you join people!

@matteomeschiari, sad to see you go… But happy to know you’re not completely gone!
Nice to cross paths with you anyway! Hoping that will happen again some way or another :slight_smile:

What should we do with his NextCloud user?

Can you cancel it please?

Hello @reeflings,

Here’s a quick update related to membership.

People who decided not to join The Reef: Ana & Seb, Luna & Pablo, Eefje, Frances and Jéromine.

Tonight we’ll be welcoming Barbara and Leonard, who contacted us on Sunday. They are friends of Nele and Jeremy and seem like a good match for the group (their daughter is the same age as Ada and Zohra), so I figured it would be a win for everybody to still include them in the current onboarding move.

As from now however, as a member of Team Recruitment and Onboarding, I would like to propose that we take a break from onboarding more people. The reason for that is 1) that there are some people who worry that we will be too many households, and 2) that I think we now need some stability and space to get to know each other and make The Reef work as efficiently as possible.

Should we receive new requests to join The Reef, we will put them on a waiting list, and contact them once we have space again.

9 Likes

Hi dear people!

Unfortunately I will not be able to stay in The Reef. Financially I won’t be able to carry this atm.
It’s not a huge surprise for me because I knew from the beginning that it would be very tight.

However, it has been a pleasure getting to know you all! You are really a wonderful bunch of people and I have no doubt that this project will continue to be wonderful, and that you will create a fantastic, sustainable, tight-knit and inclusive co-habitat for all the Reeflings. I will be a “Friend of The Reef” and hopefully visitor from time to time :slight_smile: (If you wanna stay in contact: you can always message me on Edgeryders, and add me on FB.)

Within a relatively short amount of time (less than 6 weeks) I have learned A LOT. On co-housing, on group processes, sociocracy, deep democracy, NVC, on where I see myself in the future… So thank you all (especially the co-founders!) for making this possible. Lot of good stuff is happening.

Last point:
I would still like to go ahead with organizing the non-violent communication (NVC) training at my place. If anyone has an issue with this, please let me know. IF YOU WANT TO JOIN fill in the DOODLE UNTIL TOMORROW. All the info in this thread: 6 hour training on Non-Violent Communication (NVC), for group of 2-8 ppl

See you soon! x

8 Likes

Oh no! What a shame :frowning:

1 Like